Just wondering?

Old 01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just wondering?

Do acoholics have trouble making up their mind about things or relationships in their lives.Do they say things to confuse you.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my experience with G.....Yes & Yes. I call it manipulation.

I can't speak for other alcoholics or addicts. Each person is different. There are many people out there (some are sober) that try to confuse me....
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do acoholics have trouble making up their mind about things or relationships in their lives.
I think this question is too much in generalizing alcoholics together, as it's a trait that alcoholics may have. In that regard, I'd have to say "no". I think that some people have trouble making up their minds about things or relationships in their lives. As a point - look how many sober, non-addictive, never-been-addicted people (like many of us here at SR with A spouses/SO's have in making up our minds about if we should stay or go, if we want to stay or go, etc.

Do they say things to confuse you.
Yes, they do! Sometimes it's on purpose, as was mentioned earlier - a form of manipulation. But also, sometimes I think its not intentional. Sometimes they just don't make sense to us (especially when they are under the influence). Often times, I think, they themselves, are confused. Just as badly as we are - just in a different way.

At least that is my opinion. Take what you want and leave the rest.