Notices

blogging as therapy

Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blogging as therapy

Hi everyone!

My best friend and I started a web site for substance addicts to blog about their experiences and we're trying to spread the word and invite folks to join. There are a few users who have posted, so it's pretty easy to see what it's all about.

We have friends and family members struggling with addiction and wanted to create a space where people can talk candidly about what's going on in their heads and in their lives. It's our hope that one person's struggle or epiphany might inspire someone else out there.

Check us out at www.soberingthought.com . I'd love to hear some feedback on what you think of the site or how you think writing or online communities can help keep one on the path of sobriety and recovery.

We're also looking to add links to other useful sites, so send me a message if you know of any good ones. Good luck to everyone and thanks for your opinions and suggestions!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

I can vouch for this. I have my own blog and it has helped me as a place to convieniently journal. There is a link in my sig...

I'd be happy to link to yall's site if yall post a link to mine...I get alot of traffic and could probably funnle some yall's way.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! I added your link to our resources page. And hey, you're from Ponchatoula! I'm from Gretna

Originally Posted by Blake
I can vouch for this. I have my own blog and it has helped me as a place to convieniently journal. There is a link in my sig...

I'd be happy to link to yall's site if yall post a link to mine...I get alot of traffic and could probably funnle some yall's way.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Dirty south represent!!!!

I'll add yall as a link tonight when I get home...
Old 01-23-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey,, looks pretty interesting. I'll check it out better when I have more time.

Hey Blake, when I went to your blog, for some reason, the writing on the page was
really, really small, so small I couldn't read it?? I don't know if it is my computer? But I
went to soberingthought's homepage, and it wasn't that way, and SR isn't either, so I an wondering how I can fix something on my computer or something, so I can read yours.??

Thanks to both of you. I will check them out, both, better.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Okay, I registered. I think blogs are great. I have one, but I'll post some on here too.
lol, Miss Blogger herself.
Good site, btw, I'll have to check it out more later.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
one of many

Sounds like a great idea. I have pages and pages of journal entries I have written during my prior recovery attempts. It is very interesting looking over my thought processes and seeing some mistakes I made along the way. I think getting your thoughts out is one of the best recovery tools that we have. Sometimes when I read the AA bigbook I can't help but think of it as Bill W's own recovery journal.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've never tried blogging but I think it sounds like a good thing. I know a lot of people who swear by it so I registered. Who knows, it might unlock a secret creative side of me that I don't think I have, lol. Never know. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the compliments! I see a few of y'all signed up and one even posted her first blog post. Awesome!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey, I didn't get my email for , hmm, whatever it was going to tell me. I never got that one?

Maybe I'll get it later?

:-)