Notices

frineds

Old 01-22-2006, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

frineds

So I went out tonight, with like 10 friends. And we had a good time, then 2 other them, who i used to party with back in the day, were going to score some sack. It was quiet obvious, there was no attempt to hide, I am at very low risk for relapse, but how shoudl I act in a situation like this?

I was at the table, then they are making cell phone calls to 'hook up,' while we are eating. I didn't try to intervene, I just kinda sat back ... wasn't sure the proper way to react, i was confident if i said anything, they would ignore it, since they were kinda 'worked up' just thinking aobut it.

comments/suggestions?

how to act in this sit? there were 5 people at the table, 2 non users, 2 (kidna not really)users, and me. I ended up saying nothing really regarding this. I did not drive them anywhere, or lend money, or thigns like this ...

-curious to know ...
Old 01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am at very low risk for relapse, but how shoudl I act in a situation like this?
I think you are raising your risk of relapse by hanging out with these people. It seems to me that if you hang out with people who are using dope you are a courtin' a relapse...don't kid yourself.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh, I'm not sure on this one. But I just wanted to say I'm glad you didn't use. I would have had to runnnnn so fast, lol, or I woulda been in trouble. But I am glad that you did okay.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This whole thing got me thinking. Last night, I had a dream, that I was using ... and I got a lot of the same symptoms that I would normally get if I was physically using. Tirednesss, excitability, more and more. ...

The mind is very powerful, I somehow triggered old parts of me, that were still used to taking drugs. I read that once you stop using, if you start again, you start in the same place you left off. So, there is a hidden part of you, that is still there even after long time of abstidence.

Anyways, I obviously triggered one of those last night, being near the friends ... and I had feelings to use .. but I didn't ... so does that mean I am one step better now, I have eliminated part of me forever?

So, in this sense, stopping using is the first step, since these drugs WILL KILL YOU, with heart attack stroke, liver failure, watever... but you are still an addict.

Slowly, through the years, as you get stronger and stronger, in your ability to refuse at any cost, then you are able to move yourself in more situations, that would have 'set something off' in you before. I used to be alchololic also, now a days I routinely hang out with friends, ALL of them drinking, and i have 0 desire to use, period. THis took me a few years to get there, but now its commonplace, infact most social situations I am in, people are drinking.

Meth/cocaine, is a little harder, since these are super powerful...I still have toruble beign around just conversations of these, get that heart rate thing ... anxiety ... you all know ... So, my theory, is it will take a lot longer, but one day I can be free of these things completely also, like I am with alcohol now. And as I am more and more free, my everyday life improves more and more, and then finally I am not an addict. The important part is stopping first, since substances will kill you.

I never really have right/wrong regarding drugs, just the normal
'scare tactics' in schools, this is your brain on drugs ... no one really ever talked to me about them, or said they were wrong, it was just like dont do drugs/smoke cigarettes.

I was a smart kid, and like to question and not believe authorities and other things, so early i snuck cigarettes, and found, no i didn't die. then this progressed ... to worse things ... it kidna stupid how they have this huge black and white thing, like marijuana = cocaine or meth. MArijuana is relatively light weight, but can be a gateway to the others ... however when in schools and teachigns, these thigns are all lumped together, then somehow I get to disbelief of all the information i have received.