Notices

accupuncture as treatment for addiction...

Old 01-21-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Smile accupuncture as treatment for addiction...

Years ago I had a combination of different therapies when I decided to get clean accupuncture was one of the therapies used to help me get clean. Someone e-mailed me this article on accupuncture and addiction I thought someone might find it interesting....

http://www.beliefnet.com/healthandhe...aspx?cid=13544
Old 01-21-2006, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nice name!! Ya, I wanna get Acupuncture, sound awesome. I need to look into that for my headaches.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Splendra,
Very interesting article. How long did you continue with your accupunture treatments? Did they really make you feel calmer? Seems like it might be a good thing to try for the normal onging stress on just living on the planet!!
Thanks for sharing that
Old 01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I did accupuncture for about 6 months I did it everyday for the first month and tapered down to 3 times per week for 2 months 2 times per week for 2 months then down to 1 time per week for one month. I feel it was very helpful along with a diet to clean out my body and CBT. At that time I was not in a 12 step program but, all the same I did get off of alcohol and drugs and have been clean for 20 years. I do go to 12 step meetings now.

It was not painful for me and yes it did seem to calm me down. I know other people that go back for accupuncture treatments a couple of times per year... I do not feel like I need it anymore but, if I felt like I needed it I would not hesitate to go get a treatment. Accupuncture is very inexpencive which is a plus in my book...