Hello lyn_blossom78

Old 01-02-2003, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hello lyn_blossom78

Hi lyn_blossom78

Welcome to the forum.

I posted this thread so you could get a proper welcome from everyone here.

There are a lot of good posts at the top of the naranon board and the alanon board here. They are under the power posts right at the top.

Please let me know if you see this.

Keep posting. There are a lot of wonderful people here who will offer a lot of support and know and understand what you are going through.

Hugs,
MG

Old 01-02-2003, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Lyn!
Old 01-03-2003, 02:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Welcome to the boards Lyn!!
Old 01-05-2003, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy I need advice!

Thank you so much for starting a new "thread" for me. As I said, I'm not sure how this all works. I am dealing with an alcoholic husband who, without alcohol is domineering, verbally abuse, controlling, etc. With alcohol, it is like a nightmare. He does have his good side, obviously, or I wouldn't be with him, but I see it so rarely anymore. This last year and a half has been the height of it all. We went to marriage counselling, but the counsellor (a Christian counsellor) told me all he could see coming was for my husband to kill himself or go to jail. Kill himself by his alcohol abuse. He gave me the name of an attorney. I know, though, that if I separated from him, he would make my life a worse living hell than he already makes it. I have 5 kids, who are great kids, and they are all popular at school, despite what we've all been through. I have really gotten closer to God this last year and a half, which has helped, but I just need to talk a few things out. I'd like to go to al-anon, locally, but my older kids are afraid someone will find out--and if my husband found out, he would be furious! Not to mention I don't really have the time for it.
I would have gotten back to all of you sooner, but I didn't want him to know, and I haven't had time to get to the computer. Thanks so much for any advice I can get.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Lyn,
The nice thing about the support group here is that it is available 24/7

Hope to "see" you around!

live