Notices

Naltraxone Info

Old 01-12-2002, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Naltraxone Info

Hi Everyone:

I have a quick question for the people out there. i have a frind who went inot a traditinoal detox in northern NJ yesterday to try to kick H. Before he went in he was telling me that he was thinking of having a naltraxone impnat put in him after he came out of detox. Neither of us know a lot about the implant and all i can find on the few web sites that talk about the implant are very rosy pictures of how well it works when used together with a 12 step program.... But then I read about people who havehad the implant after rapid detox and all i hear are horror stories.. has anyone done traditional detox (ie bufenex, meth or darvon) and then had the implant? if so - are the side effects the same as after rapid detox? has anyone had success with using the implant...I don't want my friend looking to this as a miracle if it is not..

Thanks....
Old 01-12-2002, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ogly, welcome to the recovery forum. I have not had this procedure done, I do not know anyone who has had it done. I do know a doctor who does it. I can give you his website and his name. I am sure he will answer any questions that you have. If you want to speak to some of his patients, ask him to direct you to their testimony.

Joel Nathan M.D. www.detox24.com

Just for Today, I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery
Old 09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exclamation

On answer to the question of having an implant of naltaxone following a rapid detox I have to submit my only veiw is yes it is fantastic. not only is it impossible to **** up (COZ YOUR BLOCKED) I can imagine that your cravings must be less severe coz unless you are gonna dig the implant out of yourself! which i suppose is possible, but highley unlikey!You have no reason to reason with! get the picture? its not a miracle but a fukn good start at rebuilding your life dont you think? i just wish i could have it done .my freind has just had the precedure and has never looked back. She has her life back and is like a new person. hope this info helps with your question.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Exclamation

On answer to the question of having an implant of naltaxone following a rapid detox I have to submit my only veiw is yes it is fantastic. not only is it impossible to **** up (COZ YOUR BLOCKED) I can imagine that your cravings must be less severe coz unless you are gonna dig the implant out of yourself! which i suppose is possible, but highley unlikey!You have no reason to reason with! get the picture? its not a miracle but a fukn good start at rebuilding your life dont you think? i just wish i could have it done .my freind has just had the precedure and has never looked back. She has her life back and is like a new person. hope this info helps with your question.