Notices

Off of methadone for 8 months

Old 12-05-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Off of methadone for 8 months

Hi everyone it has been a long time. 8 months I have been clean. It was so hard at first but it is the greatest thing if anyone needs to talk or is having a hard time and need to know it can be done. please write and i will give you my personal struggle and story. It is great now!!!!
Trish
Old 12-06-2005, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredcrazy
Hi everyone it has been a long time. 8 months I have been clean. It was so hard at first but it is the greatest thing if anyone needs to talk or is having a hard time and need to know it can be done. please write and i will give you my personal struggle and story. It is great now!!!!
Trish
THATS GREAT! CONGRATS!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
turning red!

yep congratulations to you
Hope my bf will do the same very soon...
Keep being strong, we are proud of you
Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
((( ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY )))

Hey Scared Crazy,
I think I pmd you before about meth. This is Jennifer. Anyway, Ive been on a blind detox now for about a one month and a half. I have no idea what my dose is at this point, but I will say, so far so good! Im feeling no discomfort as of yet. I will keep you posted, and Id love to hear your success story. It will keep me positive. Let me know how you felt off completely, emotionally, mentally, physically, etc., etc.,.Im scared to death of the unknown. I hear mixed stories. Some good some not so good. I also believe everyones recovery is different. ( I truly believe that!!!! )so please get back to me. Whether you pm me or simply respond to my response, im not ashamed of this at all. It truly saved my life, but im just ready for the next chapter in my life.
your courage speaks volumes for your recovery
Thanks for this thread!!!!!!!!!!!Jennifer (( roses2005 ))
Old 01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congradulations! I'm also on methadone and have had many great achievements while on it, but like roses, I too am ready for the next chapter in my life. Please share your experience, strength and hope on how u got off and stayed off. I've been going down slowly for a long time and I'm currently at a point where I am beginning to feel some side effects. Instead of dealing w.them, I wait back up 5mgs. It scared me feeling like that after so long and I just don't know if I can do it. I have a 18 month old son who needs to be taken care of so it's not like I can stay in bed for a month while I go through it. Any suggestions? would be greatly appreciated, and I lokk forward to hearing from you!