Notices

Seeing My Bottom First Hand

Old 11-20-2005, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Arrow Seeing My Bottom First Hand

I can not believe the night that I have had tonight, it was very scary, but yet I truely believe there is a message behind it. I went to my 8:00 meeting and there were people outside. The keys didn't work because someone had tryed to break in to the club. Well while we were standing out side this lady came walking up with a young girl and asked if anyone had a cigarette, LMAO like yes we are alcoholics and addicts that is all we have left. Well I gave her three cigs and everyone was leaving so no meeting tonight. And as she was walking away I asked her if she needed a ride her baby was only about 5 years of age. She replied well it only takes two to have a meeting as she kept walking away.

I knew that she had been drinking because I could smell it on her, but I asked these other guys from the meeting if they needed a ride back to the Salvation Army and they got in. I stopped on the way to ask her one more time if she needed a ride, it was too cold for that little girl to be outside. Well she got in and she had me drive to some bushes where she had stached her bags and we loaded them up. She went to a motel room and made a call and needed a ride somewhere. I took the guys home that lived at the shelter first. Now mind you this is at 8:00 PM..

Well the guys got out and I told one of them that I would see them tomorrow that she wanted to take the little girl to see her dad whom she hasn't seen for 2 years. As I was taking her to this trailer she mentioned that she just moved here a month ago from Illoniois SP and I said well I have just moved here a few month back myself. A very lovely lady in the grip of the disease, and the poor little girl with nothing and no where to live.

Well we ended up at this trailer and of course everyone was drinking, that really didn't bother me, no heat in the trailer, electric heaters running, no running water, and plenty of beer. Now this beer I have never heard of but that is ok because I knew that it was really cheap beer. There was trash all over the house, this is just so damn sad. I felt OK being there but I was crushed, because that was me. That was how I lived at one time, and today I don't have to live like that.

One of the guys, I think he owned the trailer yet I think that it is not really owned at all, said would you like a beer. I said no, NOT TODAY. When I said that he asked how much time I had. I said that I am almost up to 8 months this time and he said that he had almost two years about a year ago in March well Mine was in April when I almost had two years. He said that he hasn't seen a sober day since. This just broke my heart, yet they were really friendly people.

I just got home and on the way home I knew that this was a sign from my HP telling me how it could and would be like if I chose to go back out yet there was NO desire to drink at all. No thought of drinking, no thought of running from there either. I don't know why I am posting this, well yes I do, could we all send up some prayers for the people who are still suffering and for that poor little girl who is inicent to all of this. Makes me really think about the stuff that I too have put my children through.

OK it is midnight LOL I have to get up for work in about 6 hours so God bless you all and have a good night.

Love Vic
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing Vic...You are a kind man.

My prayers zinging out to this family. Blessings
Old 11-20-2005, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For as long as I can remember, I have finished my nightly prayer with 'and please watch over someone who is alone and scared tonight'. I don't even know where I got that, but I will make it this little girl tonight. Thanks for sharing the story.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((Vic)))))) you got this old gal smiling, proud of you bro.
Lots of prayers going up today, some have already went up, I was outside with my little dog 4am, while he was busy watering the yard, I was busy too. (and no I wasn't watering the yard with him) I thought I better clear that up just in case, lol. I found out last winter the closest place for me to be with my HP is outside, I've had some moments with Him, I found out none of us can never STRAY from Him ever.

Anyway I love watching you grow and learn here Vic, and while you're doing that you're helping teaching here too, pretty good teacher.

Hope you had a peaceful sleep.

Love......Denise
Old 11-21-2005, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic, that is a great story. It was so kind of you to help the lady and her daughter. And, it's a great reminder of how we are all choosing to NOT live like that today.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((((((((SR)))))))))))))

I didn't sleep well at all and then when the alarm went off I went back and layed down and now it it 7:30 this morning. All I could do was think about this little girl and the look in her eyes. Her mother was of course not paying attention to her, nor were the other 4 men that we there drinking. I am just so over-whelmed with what I saw last night, it is tearing my heart apart. I thank God today that he has given this Junkie Vic another day to be clean and sober, and pray that my self-centerness doesn't stand between Him and me, that I can be usefull to my fellow man.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I just am in awwww at what I had seen. This to me was a way that my HP was really speaking to me last night and I thank him/her for showing me this sign of death. Today I don't have to live with death for today He has given me light. In the Promises it says that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves and that is so true. Have a good day, I am off to be a responsible, productive, member of society. And may YOUR HP bless you all..

Love Vic
Old 11-21-2005, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Vic you're a kind soul but remember that you cannot get people drunk and you sure as heck can't keep them sober. You were shown this for a reason, and thanks for sharing with us.

I can't help but mention because I've run across this as well. Basically this was a 12 step type of effort, perhaps you might have had another AAer with you. Just a thought. That trailer could have been trouble with capital T. Thank got you were spiritually strong. That discussion with the 2-year guy and the look in the little girls eyes will stay with you a while. Good, I think that was a HP working for you.

Maybe they'll figure it out, maybe not, it's not your doing though. All we can do is show them a better way be example. You did that my friend. Well done!

Michael
Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Thanks for sharing that story Vic. It is a reminder to all of us.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

Yes, you had a test and reflection. Great job on saying no, not today for the drink. Maybe you helped that guy realize to get back to the rooms.

What you shared was important and I am glad you told us. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I bite.

Thanks for sharing that story.

Powerful stuff.

What do people think... would it be the right thing to do to call social services in this case (to get the girl into a warm place where she can be taken care of... maybe the mom too)?

Old 11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Grimnar
Thanks for sharing that story.

Powerful stuff.

What do people think... would it be the right thing to do to call social services in this case (to get the girl into a warm place where she can be taken care of... maybe the mom too)?

Well I had left this morning to go be responsible, productive, member of society and the gal left her coat in my pickup. I don't know for sure how to get back to that trailer house nor do I think that it would be a wise IDEA. If I do decide to try and find it I am going to take someone else with me from AA or NA because it is never good to be alone like I was even though I was OK. But I do know how powerful this disease is and I am not going to give it an edge on anything.

I offered to take her to Salvation Army for her and the girl, I think that it is up to her now. I gave her my phone number last night and didn't get any calls from her today so I pray that they are OK>>I didn't know any of these people but one of the guys just got out of jail after being locked up for a year. I just know that my sobriety is to damn important to be loosing ground now so I am going to turn her coat and stuff into the Social Service office I think I don't know yet I will ask my sponsor what he thinks.

Anyway I just hate this damn disease and what it does to peoples lives, I never cared either when I was out there, isn't that funny how things change when we have been clean and sober for awhile. OK I hope that all went well but lets try and keep everyone in our prayers.

Love Vic
Old 11-24-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

I just saw this now, back catching up on posts. Just said a prayer for everyone in that trailer, especially the little girl. I hope for the best for all of them. Thanks for sharing that story, Vic...it's definitely an eye opener, that's for sure.