Notices

bat **** crazy and clean

Old 10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whataday

bat **** crazy and clean

Hey everyone, things have gotten pretty interesting here lately, still cant seem to find anyone interested in love, all anyone seems to want to do is be lustfull, i`m tired of it, sick and tired of it infact. Sex, sex, sex, thats all they whant, it gets real old being someones eye candy. Don`t get me wrong i like sex, with someone that wants to love me, and not just get their lust on. Is it to much to ask for someone to comitt. Maybe im just old fashioned, or life on lifes terms has headed into the fast lane, or worse yet into the twilight zone. I must be the worlds last romantic, i still believe that if i hang tough it will be worth the wait. Well enough about that, i just got back from a fundraiser for our next convention, Out of the darkness and into the light 10, in decatur alabama, it will be at the holiday inn on february 10-12, 2006. It`s worth the trip, well have the whole hotel to ourselves, you can make reservations now, and pay your registration at the door. There`s an indoor pool, and stuff for the kids as well, there no excuse why you can`t go. There will be several thousand addicts hanging out, getting to know each other, and hearing the message of recovery. I have a friend from Illinois that comes every year.
Ok, enough about that, things are tough for me and yet i`m staying clean, thats a good thing. Todays a beautifull day to be clean, by the grace of god its nothing iv`e done. When i first walked into the doors of N.A. i kept trying to build my recovery on an old foundation, well to my surprize and overwhelming ego it didn`t work, imagine that. Not realizing it i walked into the doors with my old thinking and all my old ideas, i was doomed from the start to repeat mistakes yet i kept coming back. Someone said, don`t leave five minutes before the miracle and i listened. Well despite myself eventually i got clean, the mistake i was making was that i was using my old ideas and thinking to recover. You know what i mean, the kind of crap your family says like, be a man or why can`t you just quit, sally jo did in church. Well anyway you know. So i had to start from scratch, it`s like learning how to walk and talk all over again. It`s not easy but worth it, i guess thats what is meant about the best things in life are worth working for.

chris

P.S. i love you all, god bless
Old 10-23-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((chris)))))

As far as a relationship based on love goes...that takes a little more time than sex for the sake of sex does. Are you sure you are not over-looking someone?

The convention sounds great!

I know what you mean about having to change our thoughts to me that is the hardest part of recovery, because to me addiction starts with thought and is arrested by thoughts changing...
Old 10-23-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I stopped looking god put somone in my life and it was worth the wait.