Notices

Help !!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marebear

Help !!!!!!!

Ok I'll make this as short as possible.I stopped smoking April 7 2005.Met new friend March 2005.Mid July she offers to share a cigar with me,I say yes.I switch to ciggs and found out a month ago I have COPD.Now on two inhalers,want to quit smoking again terribly.BTW my "friend" tells me when I quit in April "I'm glad you quit,my hubby did not want you watching our Jack(3) because you smoked"Also says"I stopped smoking ciggs 6 years ago"she is still smoking cigars.Her hubby found out I was smoking cigars and asked her if she got me started,she says"No, I did not make her smoke them".Would you call her a friend? and how do I quit again? I want to sooo bad!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Did you read the sticky post at the top of the forum? there is good info there
Old 10-16-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Marebear! Good to see you again. I started smoking again too, but have set a quit date for October 22. I'm using a countdown plan, which is "stickied" at the top of the forum. It takes you through the first 21 days of preparing to quit, and then through the first five weeks smoke free. Quitting is hard, staying quit is also hard, that's why I think educating ourselves and knowing what to expect is the best plan. Although hard, it's not impossible - there are millions of people who have done it and I've never heard anyone complain that they have regrets about it! It's even more important for you to quit now as you've been diagnosed with COPD. Thie good news is that no matter how long someone has smoked, or how old they are, quitting smoking is always beneficial.

As for your friend, I suppose technically she didn't tell a lie as she said she didn't "make" you smoke, which is true. It seems hypocritical that she would tell you her husband didn't want you to watch their son because you smoke when she smokes herself. Whether it's a cigarette, cigar, or pipe, it's smoking. Maybe it's time to make a new friend.

There's some other sticky posts up top with some good info, so check those out too.