Notices

Cocaine Withdrawals

Old 10-01-2005, 01:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cocaine Withdrawals

Ok...I have to face it. I just started going through withdrawals and these first few days are going to be the worst. What can I do to help myself during this rough time? Please help me get through this. I need as much support as I can get.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

water, prayer, keep reading, meetings.

Keep yourself busy so you can help keep your mind off of things.

No matter how tough you think it might be, not going through it will be tougher in the long run.

Had seen a post the other day that hits home...
The good thing about withdrawl ... you only need do it once.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am trying to hang in there. Drinking at least 2 quarts of water a day to help wash out the toxins. I think this should be out of my system in a few days and I will be so glad. I'm very sleepy, tired, irritable and depressed.
But I will get through.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Good suggestion's from best.Try to get some sleep.Have a bath,something to eat...NA doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Bless, Trish
Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NEW*************

let me know how it goes... I'm going to be trying soon.. all tips apreciated...
Old 10-02-2005, 11:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Physically, sleep, lots of it. And don't forget cheeseburgers! I was 60 lbs underweight when I came in. My body craved and needed calories, protein and fat.

Mentally, I had to be surrounded by other recovering addicts in the solution. I did this in a county detox. I had tried to avoid this previously many times and it just didn't work for me. After detox, I continued on with meetings everyday not missing a beat. I believed things would be different this time because I was doing what I knew I ought to do to begin with.

Spiritually, as soon as I was clean, I started thanking God for my sobriety from the start. I was advised to do this by my sponsor at the time (who also happened to be a shrink!). He didn't understand why I had been praying for something I already had.

All the above really helped fill the void. It also helped for me to have my expectations in the right place. I expected nothing short of a miracle--and that's what I got.

Best wishes to you AngelHugs!

sumtimes slowly
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Exclamation

Other than drinking enough water (at least 96 ounces per day ) and eating at regular intervals with no or limited refined sugar and processed food, the best advice I have for you based on my own recovery from cocaine is:

Don't try this alone! Have a safe place you can be while you detox and go through early withdrawal. If not your home, then hopefully you can be somewhere else that is drug and alcohol free to live for 3-4 weeks.

I was in an in-patient facility and glad I was there. I might have tried something I would have regretted had I not been in a controlled environment. I was too sick to do it in an outpatient environment.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Go somewhere where you'll be with people who'll help you through it...family, non-using friends, NA...just keep yourself busy and when you're not busy just sleep. Sleep sleep sleep. I did it with valium but I wouldn't recommend it because when you stop those you'll be ZING wide awake again and have terrible insomnia.
Eating is also good but be careful what you eat if you haven't eaten for a long while (I'd gone 2 weeks without solid food when I came off)...have soup or something light, wholemeal pasta or bread is good...get glucose sweets, the kind for diabetics, to help with the tiredness but not hard candy...i ate a bag of pear drops every 2 days in the first 6 weeks after coming off. All those calories and I'm still only 109lbs :/
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

water, water, water. You're dehydrated and it will help you body flush away the poison. Baths, fresh sheets. Just take care of yourself. Some nice bland food at first. For headache, I did Tylenol PM that has a mild sleep aid in it. Cold ice pack on neck, hot tub if you've got it for body aches.

Day 2 or 3, try a little walk outside on the Earth. It's good.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Hang In There!!!