lightbulb moment

Old 09-27-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lightbulb moment

I was going to post this morning of how I can just not answer the phone when my xabf calls me and not feel bad about it. He calls wanting to see me and to give him (yet) another chance. I did see him last week to be honest, but quickly found out yet again, that he still chooses the vodka. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I then read this:<o:p></o:p>

Originally Posted by Girlfriend<o:p></o:p>

I think that when we keep ourselves tied to our xA's, through phone calls, letters, talking to others about him....checking up on them, that hinders us from moving on and yeah,.....after awhile, comes the bitterness.

Light bulb moment - I guess I answer the phone because I still want to know what he's up to. I can't have him in my life anymore and I’m not in love with him anymore due to his drinking and the BS that comes with it; but I guess I do want to know if he's still drinking, his he looking for a real job etc. Kind of dumb, because my xabf will lie and tell me he's doing good, says what I want to hear and I want to believe him, I see him, then sure enough, find out that he in fact is still drinking and not doing what he says he is doing. I’m still so guilty of listening to his words but not his actions (but getting better at that)<o:p></o:p>

Just wanted to share – I always read something just when I need it on this site. <o:p></o:p>

Old 09-27-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks - but if I could only follow my own advice LOL