Notices

Hard Day

Old 09-25-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying Hard

Exclamation Hard Day

Man today has been a real tough day for me . All I can think about is doing a big ole blast . I dont know if I posted this in the right spot or not . If not please forgive me . I am still a newbie I am so glad I found You Guys . This site is probably the only thing that has kept me from messing up today . Sounds kinda lame maybe but it seems you guys have all helped alot even in my short time of being here .I turned the radio on today and dont ya know the song that was playing was ( eric clapton...Cocaine ) Man that hit me hard cuz as you all know my problem is with coke ..anyway ..enough blabbering ..Thanks you all..and God bless
Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying Hard

Thanx Stormy

I too have a new church and try to involve myself as much as possible and that helps alot .
Old 09-25-2005, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad that you are hanging in there for today. Some days are just worse than others. I am so glad that you are here. We can all help each other in this journey that we call recovery. Thanks for coming on here and sharing with us.

Big hugs coming your way!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We're safe when we have the fellowship of other addicts engaged in the solution.

Rob, are there CA (Cocaine Anonymous) meetings in your area? If so, I have found this to be a great avenue to learning about and working the 12 steps. There's plenty of dual-addicted AA members out there too.

I'm actively engaged in both programs (CA & AA) as my primary means of staying clean & sober. Before, I found I was able to get clean on my own OK but I just couldn't stay clean longer than a few months. It is only after failing to stay clean on my own many times that I gave in to these programs. I worked the 12 steps (and still do) and have been continuously clean and sober for over 11 years. As a result, life has gotten pretty good.

I was pretty skeptical about all this 12-step stuff and was slow to embrace it, but those cravings I used to experience have been removed. I still have bad days like everyone else--the difference is it doesn't occur to me to pick up a drink or a drug over it.

I've come to see that there is nothing so bad in my life today that a drink or drug won't make worse.

By the way, it is the newcomer that is the lifeblood of these programs--only they can give reports from the front line that remind everyone else where they came from. Remembering my past helps keep me from having to repeat it.

So thanks for my sobriety and I have high hopes for yours!