So, What are we thankful for?

Old 11-27-2002, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, What are we thankful for?

It is late, but my turkey is cooking, dressing in the process and I'm getting sleepy so the rest will wait until the morning.

Alot of food for just me and the little one but, leftovers for days will be good!

While I was at work earlier I was thinking of all of the things I have to be thankful for. I am trying not to focus on my sad feelings about the holidays but trying to think of all the good in my life.

I am thankful for...(and maybe some of you will follow)

-The strength my HP gives me every day to do the things that I do.

-My daughter, and her wonderful healthy spirit that keeps me going and gives me an inner drive.

-The fact that my daughter and I are healthy.

-That I've been able to buy food to cook a meal for us.

-That I got my band aid job and I can provide a nice,safe home for us.

-Blessings, no matter how big or how small, I am so grateful for them.

-Hope, the will to carry through a day keeping my chin up that things will get better.

-Myself, and who I am and what I have become, the person I am today is not the same person I was a year ago. I have my HP to thank for that, and alanon.

-Last but not least...All of you. Your words, your tears, your hope.. a safe place to come when things are bad or good. A home or a safe rest area on the way through life. I love you all dearly...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

We love you too Bonbon.

You are giving your daughter something to be thankful for. How special she must feel that you are doing all of that for her.

God bless you both.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-28-2002, 02:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Bonbon}}}}

That is the spirit girl!! We love you and you have come such a long way. You are a true inspiration to me and many more I am sure.

I hope you and your daughter have a great holiday!

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 11-28-2002, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

I am thankful for people like you who inspire me to keep working my program no matter what.

I'm thankful that I have choices in life, and that my mind and body function sufficiently for me to do all the things I like to do.

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who is supportive and not codependent and who puts up with all my neurosis.

I am thankful for my son, even in his worst moment, and grateful that God put him into my life. I'm not sure what God wants me to do with him, but I am thankful none the less.

I am thankful for this site....it has saved my sanity.