Notices

Dealer keeps calling me

Old 09-21-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealer keeps calling me

I've been clean for 9 days now but my dealer keeps on calling me. He has called and called for the whole time I have been clean. I guess he just misses the business. I don't answer the phone when he calls and was just wondering if he would be giving up anytime soon.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Right on!!! don't answer that call. When I was released from prison I had this same problem. Everybody kept calling, stopping by my house and it used to **** me off. I finally changed my phone numbers and posted a note on my door to 'LEAVE ME ALONE' It took a while but they got the message. congrats on 9 days
Old 09-21-2005, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

I agree with unspun. You might have to change your phone number. And DON'T answer the phone. Not worth it...

Hugs!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing the right thing by not answering the phone Angelhugs.

I agree with 4health, perhaps you may have to change your phone number. My girlfriend who is also getting off drugs turned her cell off completly this month. She just couldn't stand the dealer calls longer.

Good luck!!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I was in Rehab, one of the young kids there got a call on the hospital phone from his dealer!!! Poor kid about freaked out, hung up on the jerk, but was pretty shook up most of the night! I felt so bad for him!

These scumbag dealers are the lowest of lowlifes! Hang in there **{AngelHugs}} and don't answer the phone unless you know that it is someone you want to talk to and soon he will surely stop!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 09-21-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i have to say that was one of the worst problems i had when i got out. i had finally resolved myself on the fact that i was going to be clean but not everyone had that same vision. keep on doing what you are doing. whatever it takes. if it takes changing your number then do it. just don't let them into your head. nine days is a long time but you are still too weak for the conversations that would come if you answered. gratz on the nine. it is so worth it. i promise.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Boy, I know what you're going through. It's very trying, to say the least. I had to spend almost a full day typing emails, following them up with phone calls, to numerous online pharmacies, telling them to stop sending me pills. They are infamous for just billing your credit card and shipping a big ole bottle without warning, and I was terrified that might happen. I got a few phone calls here and there, but I told them I was a drug addict in a program and I no longer wished to use them. I was in the middle of a $300 battle with one OP who screwed me royally, and I just walked away. My recovery is more important to me now. I just call it a lesson learned. But I can't imagine a dealer calling or knocking on my door! That's gotta suck!

Good luck to ya, Angel. Make it clear to him you don't want him around. And congrats on the 9 days! Keep it up!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Funny, no bartenders or patrons at old haunts called me after I got clean and sober... but, yup, the damn drug dealers kept on calling. I had to change my phone number and I suggest that you do, too. Immediately. The peace of mind well out weighed the hassle.

Just do it.

phinny
Old 09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

That SCUM! Keep him in your memory so you can check and just not pick up or take the call and hang up on him. He'll get the message eventually.

Sadly, my lil bro is my dealer. I can't even check up on the kid. He's dying of drugs and I can't even talk to him or see how he's doing without falling into the abyss myself. This does suck, but stick around it gets better.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Angel,

I dealt with old dealers/using buddies in 2 different ways when I got clean.

1-I ignored them calling and refused to check my voice mail, after a month or 2 they stopped calling.

or

2-I told them to **** off & the only reason I associated with them was b/c of dope and I don't do dope anymore so they can go **** themselves...

Option 2 might not be the best thing except for really stubborn people.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Luckily everyone quit calling me months ago.When they did call,I told them I was clean.Dont call back.Thats all it took in my case.Hang in there Angelhugs.Dont let some low life drug dealer rob you of the chance to have a better life yourself.And congrats on 9 days.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

First off im very proud of you for not answering the phone. In my case its a eye opener and a heart sting to read these posts. i WAS the drug dealer in my case and i guess it hurts because i once did the same thing. i agree with not answering the phone and changing your number is probably the best thing that you can do in this situation. i congratulate you on your 9 days sober and i wish you the best, keep posting. id like to know how your doing.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Blake

2-I told them to **** off & the only reason I associated with them was b/c of dope and I don't do dope anymore so they can go **** themselves...

Option 2 might not be the best thing except for really stubborn people.
That's basically what I did with my doctor. I told him I had overused and he had been refilling my RX. This cut off my supply, making it much harder to get drugs. I assume the same would be true if you really pissed off your dealer.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Forget your sanity. Changing your number might save your life...
Old 09-22-2005, 06:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you very much everyone!! You all helped me so much. I thought i was just gonna go crazy with all of these calls...but today.......he finally did not call. Maybe he is finally getting the hint...

Made it to day 10. I'm having a bit of a rough night but I want to stay clean more than I want to use so I think I will be ok.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Back in my coke using days, after I had quit, I answered my phone Sheriff’s Dept. It worked great.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
X IV

Originally Posted by Jane63
These scumbag dealers are the lowest of lowlifes! **{HUGS}}
Jane
First I would like to say Great Job Angel Hugs!!!!!!!! Happy 9 Days!!!!! That is awesome. Don't answer the phone.
In re the above quote I was a drug dealer for a long time and I was just sick, that's all, just sick, a lot unwell. That's just my humble opinion of myself though. Most of the dealers I knew were addicts just like me. People with a disease. Not all but most. We are not bad people trying to be good. We are sick people trying to get well.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

In re the above quote I was a drug dealer for a long time and I was just sick, that's all, just sick, a lot unwell. That's just my humble opinion of myself though. Most of the dealers I knew were addicts just like me. People with a disease. Not all but most. We are not bad people trying to be good. We are sick people trying to get well.
Well, sorry about that lbadeker...didn't mean any harm, but the only drug dealers I have known sell it to little kids and teens, do it everyday in front of their own children, lie, cheat and steal from others and have been known to really hurt someone who couldn't pay up! And the "onlines"...well, that is a whole nuther rant I won't go into.

Congrats on 10-going on 11-days **{AngelHugs}}!! Keep hanging in there! It is sooo worth it!!!
Jane
Old 09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Gee, lets see....Change telephone number, or risk relapse and maybe imprisonment, loss of job, family, maybe death? Uh, I think I would change the phone number. Pretty simple.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yeah change your Phone No and if you happen to speak to your EX-dealer, you could say; %%&(*(^*()(.

nogard