So I've made it this far..

Old 11-24-2002, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I've made it this far..

And I seem to still be ok. The band-aid job is going ok. It will be what I need for now to pay the bills, (or some of them)! Last week was crazy, I was so glad the weekend came..it has been nice. My daughter doesn't like going to her grandmas every day, but I'm hoping it can still work out for a few weeks until I find something better.

I have made it through the first of three important dates, my daughters birthday was yesterday. It was hard decorating the house and having a little party for her and I without her daddy. He did stop by later yesterday and had a 22 ounce of beer in one hand and her birthday gift in another. I was glad he came by for our daughter, but I was reminded when I saw the beer of why he wouldnt be with us anymore.

Got thanksgiving this week, I always cooked the big meal, and I still will, I've told my daughter we would eat turkey by candle light and have lots of dessert! All of my family lives out of state, and I just dont want to go there. I'm sure my x-A will be around at his mothers, I just really dont even want to see him. It would be better if I moved through the holidays without even dealing with him.

Well I am off to search the classifieds, see if I can get some more apps in this week. I hope everyone is well.

Love,
bonbon
Old 11-24-2002, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Bonbon,

You are amazing how you are handling all of this.

I think Thanksgiving will be very special for you and your daughter. Maybe you could decorate for Christmas on that day too.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-24-2002, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

What an inspiration you are!!! This may be a very special Thanksgiving for you and your daughter and you do have so much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Way to go BonBon!

Happy Thangsgiving to you!

RedAPBT
Old 11-24-2002, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Bon.............
Gl;ad to hear the band -aide is working. I had to use a few in my day!
Enjoy your Turkey day with your daughter...maybe you guys can go off to seem some holiday decorations that night? That was always a tradition with my kids...I would make carmel corn...and we would go visit the holiday lights around town...they still talk about it... silly but a big memeory for them
You are doing great!
Love Kitty
Old 11-24-2002, 09:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Bonbon----hold that little girl close to your heart on this Thanksgiving. Kids have a way of keeping us grounded---and make us feel that there is hope out there in the world!!! When I get down and feel that nothing in this world is good---all I need to do is receive a big hug from my grandkids. It is enlightening to see the world through the eyes of a young person----and it is something we all need to give us the hope we need to survive all the craziness!! Do something special for the two of you on Thanksgiving Day----it doesn't have to be big and expensive. Kids just need the enjoyment of our company. I wish you the happiest of days.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bonbon,
Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration. I hope your Thanksgiving celebration is filled with joy and giggles. The night before last my daughter and I were watching Tv on my bed. When the show was over we turned off the tv and layed down to talk for a few minutes before she went off to bed. As we were talking we started hitting each other with pillows and giggling. It was so much fun, I had not laughed so hard and so freely in a long time. It was a silly thing but so wonderful. My daughter is 16 yrs so you can fun for a long time to come! I am so thankful for my children, what a joy. Good luck on your job search.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((bonbon)))

I am so proud of you!

enjoy the day with your daughter, make it a wonderful memory for both your!!!!