A breakthrough for my hubby!

Old 09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Very Groovy Chick!

A breakthrough for my hubby!

This afternoon while I was on my hands and knees applying Old English Oil to my kitchen cabinets, [LOL] hubby casually mentions to me that he had been online last week looking for AA meetings in our area. I about fell over! (Luckily I didn't have far to fall...LOL!) I was nearly in shock. I could hardly contain my joy! Praise God! Praise the masses! Holy, holy guacamole! Can I get a twinkie?

I calmly said, "Oh yeah?" He said that since he hasn't had much of a social life lately, it might do some good to find some sober-minded men to hang out with, so he could at least go hunting and fishing again. Well.......there you go.

I have only been on S.R. for about a week, but I have been applying every smidgen of advice and information I can get my eyeballs on in an effort to sustain the marriage to my alcoholic husband. Between S.R. and reading the AA book, I have been able to get a handle on how I should respond to my husbands behavior when he allows alcohol to disrupt our lives. For months I have struggled with ways to try to get him to come to his senses, and NOTHING was working--at least not permanently speaking. There may now be a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Now, I know this is a small step, but it's a step all the same and I'm hopeful that by next week, we'll be attending our first AA meeting so he and I can get on the road to recovery. God, please. Regardless of the outcome, I'm going to continue to utilize this wonderful forum, work on improving my attitude towards my husband and this illness, read the rest of my AA book, and daily stay in prayer for God's will in our marriage. If I keep pluggin' away, maybe we'll see some more miracles? At the very least, I'm making some headway.

I want to say thank you to S.R., its members, friends and moderators for your continued support. If it wasn't for S.R., there is no way I could have quickly acquired the necessary tools needed to monitor my own behavior and deal with my husband's drinking. I am grateful to you all for your stories, posts, advice and concern. You are all truly a god-send. Please keep posting your stories and experiences, for without them, we'd definitely go insane. And you all know the rule: Only one nutcase per household. LOL!

God Bless
Old 09-11-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

That is a wonderful thing to hear!

Cue choir music!
LOL!
JT
Old 09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

fine - how good is that! i truly hope this is a good beginning to a great trip on the road of recovery for both of you! this site is awesome isn't it!