Notices

just need a little advice!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just need a little advice!!!!!!!

My husband is an addict, I usually write in the na forum but had a question that I think someone will beable to answer. My AH is addicted to heroin{he's not using that}and he was shooting crack, he hasn't in about a week but now he's P tired. he didn't get up today untill 11 am and was asleep on the couch by 9:30.this is the first time he's been like this and I'm concerned he might have gotten high using something else.I'm scared for him and unsure if i should even ask him because i know he'll get angry. any suggestions or advice would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi there. Nice to meet you. I'm Becky.
I don't know what to tell you about crack, I was just wondering how long it's been since he used Heroin? Because if it hasn't been real long, I would think he would be very, very sick. But I don't know what withdrawls are like (thank god) for crack. But I am sure someone will come along that does. If nothing else, go up to the top of the homepage here on SR, there is a spot on the top bbar that says Search, type in things like crack withdrawls or just crack, and see if you can find posts that have info on the crack withdrawls, to see if it's similar to what your husband is experiencing.

I hope that helps you. But I'm sure someone will be along soon

Love, Becky
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey becky ,thanks!he hasn't used heroin in 2 years.I know all about heroin and methadone because he was on both{HE KICKED THEM BOTH!!!!!BIG SMILE!} but now it is crack.i know he can do this, but only when he's ready.It's been a long 9 years dealing with addiction, i can tell you that!!!!!!!I know what the withdrawls of crack are, i was worried he might have taken some pills or something but this am when we got up he was NORMAL!!!!! he hasn't used crack now for 9 days.I geuss i was just panicking!!!!!!I would love to keep talking with you, so please feel free to send me a message whenever!!!!!!!!!thanks for answering me, you were the only one. Lee
Old 09-08-2005, 12:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Isadeck03,

I don't usually write to the spouse (or relative, or friend) of an addict because it doesn't seem I ever did my spouse (or relative, or friend) any good with regard to my addiction when I was practicing it. But I have 11 years clean & sober from a very bad crack addiction, so I can tell you whatever you'd like to know on that subject (from the viewpoint of an addict of course).

Somehow, I'm still married (18 years) after all the hell I put my wife through so I can ask her to comment as you please from the viewpoint of the spouse. I can tell you her position is, heh-heh, not very sympathetic to my position (oh you should see us--oil & water to this day!)

I never shot crack (and didn't think you could) but I cooked and smoked a 1/4 ounce of it per day before I found sobriety through a 12-step program. I never had any smooth landings going from loaded to sober.

You know the withdrawals are not physical beyond utter exhaustion and hunger (I usually needed about 3 straight days of sleep and about two dozen cheeseburgers). You also probably know that the psychological or mental withdrawals are hell on earth.

I guess by now your husband has 11 or so days clean. Well that's damn good--there's a lot of bad days in the first month and he has gotten through the worst ones. A crack addict appears to recover very quickly but the mental cravings are what needs to be treated. I finally found what I was looking for at the end of a crack pipe but it had been hiding inside me all those years.

What I found was spirituality, inner peace, purpose, serenity and the courage to face fears head-on. I know exactly what Angelgirl means when she says you're never alone. I'm never alone, even when I think I'm alone because I have a connection to a HP that transcends the laws of physics.

He needs time to focus on sobriety one day at a time. If he makes sobriety 1st, everything that comes 2nd will come 1st class!

God bless