Notices

Negativity

Old 09-02-2005, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Negativity

Hi,

My boyfriend is in recovering from cocaine addiction and is doing very well, but sometimes he is so negative, sarcastic, and bitter, which of course is to be expected, but sometimes I feel that he brings my mood down. I would never tell him this because it would only hurt him, as he is not trying to make me feel like this at all, and I love him a lot. Any suggestions on what I should do? I was thinking that sometimes I should just take an evening away from him or something like that, but I never know if he's going to be having a bad day before I see him.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

He's your bf, not husband- of course you should have evening away from him. Do you life together? Even then you need your private time. Do you feel that if you're not babysitting him that he'll use or go out on you? That can't be a healthy way for you to live.

Try al-anon for suggestions on being with someone in recovery.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, Jennifer. You must learn to do as you wish, whether he is in a good mood or not. Take care of yourself, and continue to move forward with your desires.
It is natural to want him to be with you, however, you too, need time for YOU. He is going to do as he wishes, with or without you there. You cannot control him, cure him nor cause his behavior. He has to be good and ready to be a different person. This requires a lot of work on his part, and desire.
Stay with us here....you will learn a lot.