Notices

OCD

Old 06-05-2002, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post OCD

Is anyone diagnosed with OCD? I just was and i kinda knew what was up with my behavior but i finally got insurance so i went to a psych. and we talked about it. i dont like being on med's cuz i dont like when dr.'s put every addict on med's when they only have 30 days or something. But anyways we decided to try a med (nuerontin) and i am gonna start going to cognitive behavior therepy too. I already take an anti-depressant so i was leary about a new med but i couldnt stand it any longer. I have 2.5 yrs clean and sober. So i just wondered if anyone had feedback on this. I am trying to deal but it really affects my daily life.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Kareen,

I have obsesive compulsive thoughts that I deal with on a daily basis and I'm sure I have OCD in areas of my life.

I read your post on the other board. Sounds like you are going through a rough time right now. I'm not sure about the medication. I haven't seen this one used much.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone out there. We all struggle with all sorts of things.

Hugs,

MG

Old 06-08-2002, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

The dr. just switched my meds to zyprexa because the neurontin was causing more problems than helping. I have an app. for therepy on the 12th so hopefully the meds and therepy will help me deal with this in my daily life. Thanks for the reply
Old 06-08-2002, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I have heard of Zyprexa. It is supposed to be a good medication.

I hope you feel better soon,

MG