Notices

2 1/2 days nicotine free - UHG!

Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Drunk taking a day off!

2 1/2 days nicotine free - UHG!

I have been quit for 2 Days, 15 hours, 2 minutes. I have saved $10.82 by not smoking 65 cigarettes. I have saved 5 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 8/8/2005 11:30 PM

All that info was figured out by this thing I downloaded from a site reccomended by a link in this forum, QuitKeeper. Pretty neat, huh? I can't imagine if I had done that for heroin!! (I have saved $2,350 by not doing 50 bags...I have saved my entire life...)
The part that really gets me is how many cigarettes I haven't smoked. That's the number that really astounds me, especially because some days it's probably more. But it's basically been 2 days, and 65 cigarettes???!!??!!!
Yuck!
My biggest problem is that I feel like YUCK, my body hurts, my head is foggy, all I want to do is sleep. The good part about that is that it doesn't leave me much time to crave, so that's good.

I really need support on this.

I need to write out my reasons for stopping smoking, so I'll do it here OK?
  • I'm a single mom and my kids need me to be around as long as possible
  • When I spend time outside smoking I'm taking time away from the kids
  • Second Hand smoke is hurting the kids (in the car - yes, even with the windows down!!)
  • it's dangerous to have lighters in the house with kids around
  • it's a bad example for the kids - M is starting to think it's "cool"
  • I waste alot of time having cigs and stopping to get them
  • Waste of money!!!
  • I'm not getting any younger - and it's hurting my body and aging me faster
  • It's bad for my liver which can't take too much more
  • Smokers are a "dying breed" -literally!
  • It will make mom & dad Very proud!
  • I will be virtually free of chemical dependence!!

well, that's a beginning at least. I'm still really foggy.
thanks for being here!

deep smoke-free breath!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gaston I.

Hello hawkgazer,

I hope you're doing great! I quit smoking on August 8 at 10:00PM and so far so good.

God bless!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So far so good...cravings are minimal so far, but fortunately I know my other addictions well enough to not rely on that alone!
Gastoni- how are you doing?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't done it yet. Quit. But I will be following your stories closely.
I have just started journaling again and I think I might start tracking how much I smoke and my habits around it.
Thank you for leading the way. I look forward to the day I can say what you ladies are saying.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

me and my wife is attempting to quit and we are having a hard time. I will discuss this journal thing with her and see if it something to try. Would like to know how much time. I can tell you when you try to quit it 27 - 7 thinking about them.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Having a really really hard time today. Almost bought a pack already. It's a double anniversary today. i know, just an excuse...trying to stay busy. I know smoking won't make anything better, but nothing really makes me happy...I almost feel like if nothing else, I need a "nicotine relapse" to at least confirm that for me, confirm that a cigarette won't help at all.
that's BS.
I'm just trying to talk myself into one, and then I'll have to start over, or I'll be a smoker again.
grrr.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

they definitely wont help (the cig.s). i am relapsing like craxy on them. it sucks. i was off a year and now i'm back to a pack a day. dont listen to your brain. all you have to do is just not smoke. you will feel better about yourself. i feel like crap. i'm using every excuse in the book. it's really hard to quit and i've quit a lot of ****. cigarettes are the worst by far. your brain is your biggest enemy on this one. i quit for a week 2 weeks ago then woke up on a saturday morning wanting a cigarette and acted on the impulse. now i have to start over again. it's brutal. check out this thinking pattern:
i worked for 2 hours on saturday. my reward for that was a 25 mile road bike ride. my reward for THAT was a pack of cigarettes. pretty sick.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hubby is on day 2. Rather than buy nicotine patches, once in the morning he breaks open a cigarette and chews a tiny piece. Says it is nasty. Says he is thinking about soaking his toothpicks in a cigarette tea. Yesterday he was mad at the world, I think.
Seems to be feeling a bit better today.
My turn next.