Notices

ever wanted to hit your Doctor in the face?

Old 08-07-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry ever wanted to hit your Doctor in the face?

Ive been taking zoloft with wellbutrinxl together, and as soon as i start feeling better on it he refuses to let me take them both at the same time anymore..........what a *****, unfortunately he is the only doctor within a LONG distance that takes my insurance

*sigh*
Old 08-07-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your doctor is (usually) looking out for your best interest....so you should ask him specifically why he is doing what he is doing. It can be frustrating to feel like you are making progress, and then having someone tell you something different.....but you need to trust their judgment. (If you don't understand what they are telling you....ask for clarification...you have a right to know why they are doing what they are doing)

I'm not a licensed medical professional, but I know you are taking an SSRI (zoloft) and an Aminoketone (Wellbutrin). I know seizures can happen while on Wellburtrin (very low occurance), and i'm not sure if taking an SSRI would effect the likelihood of a seizure. Also, you could increase your chances of other side effects by mixing medications. You should ask your doctor about what side effects may happen by taking both medications.

I believe "eddie" is a pharmacist and may be able to lend some additional advice.

-pedagogue
Old 08-07-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also I want to add that doctors want you to have options out there if you build up a resitance to one med . Maybe he wants you only on one so you have a back up plan in case that happens.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i understand what you guys are saying, but his reason is because he doesnt THINK my insurance will cover it.............even though they will, and they have been
Old 08-07-2005, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

my only answer to that is YES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey EEEK, I took Welbutrin and zoloft together for some time, and they worked better together than anything I had ever taken.. The Welbutrin help my depression alot, and the zoloft took care of the side effects that weren't as good from the welbutrin.
I would keep bugging him about it. It is so frusrating when you are in the process of looking for a med that works, but even more frustrating when the doc pulls you off something that works, especailly when it seems like there's no real reason to do it.
Keep working him.
Love, Becky
Old 08-08-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes. Several of them.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

yep i have wanted too.. but then all he did was buy me a bday card and i turned away before i could plant a fist in his face.. control is the word i did it very well that day..