Notices

Feeling Yukky

Old 07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Yukky

I'm on my third week on xanax taper. I'm tapering .5mg a week. Started out at 4-4.5 and am now at 2.5. The first two weeks were not bad at all actually-but the last drop has been rough-this last Tues. I can handle it, but now I'm a little concerned about the next drop and so on. Hopefully by next Tues. my body will have adapted. I'm determined.
Cate :nervous
Old 07-28-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

xanax can be pretty bad, i went through the same thing recently, im afraid to take that stuff anymore

just be strong and take it one day at a time
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent advice. Keep your doctor informed. Weening is not an exact science. Best of luck.

-pedagogue
Old 07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I saw my doctor today. He's going on vacation starting tomorrow. So I'll just keep at it. Having bad pain in my head and throughout my whole body. (As well as the can't breathe, wiggly thing-but that's a given I think) 2 250mgs Naproxen does nothing. I took 4 at once the other day and it still didn't get rid of all the pain. I asked him if maybe it was like methadone withdrawl-where some drops are bad and then some after that aren't. And he said, yes I could probably expect that-not just expect that it will get worse and worse with every drop. But then he could be lying, so as to not discourage me-he did before with the methadone. Tricksy as Gollum would say. Well only one way to find out.