Notices

Depression---new to this site

Old 04-18-2002, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
totallytired

Smile Depression---new to this site

Hi,,, I"m new to this site, and have been battling depression for awhile now...sometimes I feel so blue, I don't know what to do...I have a great family, lots of friends, good job,,,and yet, I feel so blue...I"m looking to talk with other people who feel this way...looking to find a way to feel good again.

Old 04-21-2002, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi totally tired,
I'm totally tired too and I'm depressed too. Just go to the message boards and find my posts. I have found a lot of root causes for my depression and I am still looking for more. It seems like I deal with one issue and another one pops up. There are a lot of us depressed here and experiencing pain. You're not alone. Come and post on some of the other boards and you'll get a better response. The answers are out there, we just haven't found them yet. I hope you feel better

Morning Glory

Old 04-22-2002, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totallytired

Originally posted by Morning Glory:
Hi totally tired,
I'm totally tired too and I'm depressed too. Just go to the message boards and find my posts. I have found a lot of root causes for my depression and I am still looking for more. It seems like I deal with one issue and another one pops up. There are a lot of us depressed here and experiencing pain. You're not alone. Come and post on some of the other boards and you'll get a better response. The answers are out there, we just haven't found them yet. I hope you feel better

Morning Glory

Old 04-22-2002, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totallytired

Hi Morning Glory,,, Its just so nice to find that I"m not alone,,, when everyone around me seems to be doing fine... I just want to enjoy what I have around me, and I"m having such a hard time doing that. Thank you for replying,,,its nice to talk to someone who understands...I'll check the rest of the boards...I hope you feel better yourself
Totallytired

Old 04-22-2002, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

Hey out there, Fellow bi-polar here. Been in the sleep zone for three days... had been feeling ok for about 5 before I hit another wall. So used to this by now. Wondering if I'll ever be well enough to maintain a job longer than 2 months at a time. Been dealing with this damn disorder since my teens...13 years ago. Have tried all meds. out there like so many of you... Is there any hope for me to ever finish college, be financially independent and have a child? I'm almost 30 and realize THIS may be my life. Forever on the swing of my outlandish and dangerous moods. What am I going to do??
Old 04-22-2002, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Well, you just never know what the future holds. You just have to take it a day at a time and find out. I am not bipolar, but I am emotionally damaged from past events. I feel like you sometimes, thinking that this is life for me. I have had miracles in my life though that were unexpected and I will keep expecting more. Take it a day at a time.

MG

Old 04-23-2002, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miya

Hi T.T.
I know how you feel. The last month; or is it 20 years, I have felt like a reancarnated elevator. I also have run the Med-Maze, with little or even damageing results. Last July I had a med-profesional(and I use that term very losely)yank me off Effexor 150mg COLD! I guess I spent about two and a half weeks in total visual/aditory halusinations. I was told by my SO that I had fun, I guess I'll have to belive him as I remember nothing but the last 5 days of it. It took me another8 months before I would even consider seeking help again. I use to think like you, as far as this is what the rest of my life will be like. And I must admit that during down times it still scares me silly. But I simplly have to believe that this is not the way I will always be, and try to change the way I do things. I still feel like a reancarnated elevator at times, but I have found out that the feeling is not permanent, so I guess that there is still alot to hope for. Hang in there, its people like us that will come up with the anserws in the long run. Because we are not happy with the responses that we are getting and want more out of life. BLESSED BE

Old 04-24-2002, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
totallytired

Hi Miya... I'm glad I have found this site and people to talk to who understand what I'm going through... I'm in the midst of finding a medication that works for me,,, I just get so tired of feeling down in the dumps...and you look around and everyone else looks like they have it together, when all I want to do is crawl back into bed, and sleep the day away..I just have to believe that I'll find the right meds that will get me on the road again....

Old 04-26-2002, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey youssss! I'm totally tired too. Has anybody found anything that helps ward off the ZZZZZZ's? Been on prozac for 13 years... along with trying everything else because I had a prozac poop-out oh, about 12 years ago. I will say it helps some, though. I'm wondering if it could be the culprit of some things. I hate being on meds. for sooo many years. Is it poisoning me??? Making my memory ziltch??? AAAHHHH!!! Who knows. There's so many sh@#ty quacks out there.