Notices

schizophrenia help for my daughter

Old 12-04-2001, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
morna

schizophrenia help for my daughter

I am looking for a treatment facility or group home for my daughter who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I live in the South Florida (Palm Beach County area)
Please help. Thank you

Old 01-02-2002, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do not know of a treatment center in your area but because of my own affective disorder I try to keep abreast of what is available information wise. For your own information I would like to recommend a book entitled "Caring For The Mind. I believe one of the authors is named Dianne Hales...her husbands' name may be Richard but since I cannot seem to locate my copy right now, I am not sure.
In this book, they offer an abundance of information and insight to several mental illnesses and the effective treatment thereof. They also have a list of other resources you may find valuable in helping your child. Good luck!

------------------
Old 01-03-2002, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello again, Morna,
Since I first responded to your post, I have tried to do a little more homework to see if we can't find you some help for your daughter.
I located one facility in West Palm Beach and although it is not an inpatient facility, they work with adolescents with a combination of mental health disorders and substance abuse problems. You didn't mention if your daughter has substance abuse issues so I'm not sure if this is the place for you or not.
However, I'm sure that giving these folks a call could get you pointed in the right direction as far as residential treatment goes.
Lee Ballard
1408 North Killian Drive Suite 208
(561)845-6722

Let me know, if you can, if they were able to be of assistance. If not, perhaps you could provide a few more details as to what you are looking for. Do you want permanent residential care for your daughter? How old is she? Are you looking to get her stabilized and then brought back home? Need more info.

------------------
Just or Today-I will believe in a Higher Power that wants to se me recover!

Gettin' Better!