How can I withdraw and care for my baby
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

afraid to withdraw

Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Danicam

Angry afraid to withdraw

My name is Danielle. I have a opiate addition. Here's my story : I am a single mother of a beautiful 16 month old. ( thats why I need to get clean) I live with my grandfather who also just recently
pasased away on JAnuary 19, 2005. That was and still is very hard for me. (hence some of my drug addition) My nephew and godson Nathan was born January 22 2005. The first time I saw Nathan was when I walked in my living room the day of my grandfathers funeral, Icouldn't have been having a worst day ever. I looked over and there was my baby Nathan just home from the hospital. My body just felt so much joy and happiness. I felt like Nathan was a gift from Grampy to me. He knows my love for babies. He knew just what I needed in my
life at the time to help me cope with his death. My grandfather had been my first death. I had no idea how it felt to loose someone so important to me. I took care of him daily. The day of his funeral I just sat and held Nathan for hours and hours thinking "what am I doing high right now.. " But I still had pain. Pain even Nathan or my baby couldn't take away from me. I just didn't want to feel. And still dont. I was left to live in his house with my daughter and without him. I have no $ to move anywhere. No job, no-one to babysit. I can stay at least until the house is sold in 2 more weeks. Needless to say, I was so lonly living in this big house alone, Grampys room wasn't being used at all. I had my brother Jeff, JoAnne and Nathan move in with Bella and I. I thought it would help me cope with my grandfathers death, just to have company and a brand new baby to boost. JoAnne and Nathan were having
problems nursing. I stayed up around the clock with them. (still using)???? Nathan nursed and I pumped JoAnne on the oppisite side to boost her milk supply. Imagine how close we are for that. Ther is no one in the world I would do that for besides my own nephew and godson. We are Godmothers of each others babies. You can only imagine all the plans
we have together with the kids. Camping Trips all paid for...........................Then one morning I woke up to a crazy crazy
phone call saying Jeff and JoAnne and Nathan was in an E. R. Nathan was dead and Jeff had tried CPR over and over and over again. It was not true, It couldnt be true. There was no way. He was my little gift from Grampy. He was born 2 days after my grandfathers passing. I got to the hospital faster than I ever got anywhere. really fast....I walked in the door of the E. R. >>>I saw JoAnne holding my little Nathan wrapped up swaddeled in a white blanket. Rocking him. He was already gone. I just held him and cried and cried and cried. We held Nathan for hours and hours. We had a priest
come in and baptise Nathan. I couldnt belive this. He is He's gone gone forever???? I had just come to terms on accepting my grandfathers death~ but Nathan how he's a baby, not even 3 months old. Grampy lived a full happy life. Nathan will never sit up, laugh, run or play with Bella. How can I ever accept that. I just cant accept a babies death never mind my own nephew. Now Jeff and JoAnne are gone, moved out of the house. I'm left to deal with both deaths all by my self. (more and more drug use) JoAnne barley answers my phone calls. She wont see me. I feel like she hates me right now. They want nothing to do with me right now because I have my baby and they don't. Its not fair. I don't understand god and why why why>>>>>>>>>>I really love both of them and I need them now. No
one loves Nathan more than myself. My heart is in eaqual pain. We need eachother to get through this and they are not there for me at all. I feel like I have lost everybody. I have never been so alone. And no matter how much drugs I do I'm still taking care of my baby. Its come to a point where I have weaned off a little, just enough not to be sick. I can't afford to be sick. What will happen to my baby. But I can't go on like this. In reality I have not dult with either death. And I'm very afraid of my feelings and emotions. I need to get off. I want to get off.. This is not the life I want. My body is just really sad. REALLY REALLY SAD!! ( even on the drugs.) What do I do? Please help. Thank you for listing.I don't have many people to talk to or help me. It's hard to tell people you have a drug addition when you have a baby involved too. She's all I have. I went to a meetin yesterday, and they were talking about rock bottom. I havent hit it yet and I don't want to. Please help me.... This is the first time I have really spoken (or typed my thoughts) but this looks like a good place to start.
Thanks again for listining to me
Danielle

Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Welcome danicam24
We're very glad your here, we'll give you all the support and help you need
In a few hours you will get many response to your thread.
Stick around…… Good people here!!!

Ivan
Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Danicam

how long am I going to be sick? Ive taken about 7 perks a day 10mgs for 7 months now. Ive been cutting down to a vike everytime I feel a symptom. So mabye 3 a day (5mg). how bad are the withdrawls. Is it worth checking out an outpatient place for $1,000 and they give you drugs to come off the drugs? please help? I dont want to withdraw
Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Danielle,
welcome to SR. Keep going to meetings. You will meet many great people that can help you help yourself. There's no one who can understand you like another addict can. My DOC was hydrocodone and I know how terrifying the fear of withdrawal can be. The benefits of recovery far outweigh all the crap we go through in active addiction and you are taking a very important step by wanting to stop now. Just keep going to meetings and talk to people, ask for help. God bless.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are not alone. I too know the heavy feeling of dread, like an elephant sitting on your chest and all you can do is cry or use in order to exsist, then guilt piles on and before long we are no longer living...only exsisting. A vicious cycle continuously repeated every time we use.
I sought outside counseling to help me deal with my depression issues. I also began attending 2-3 meetings a day and allowed myself to get to know these people, these perfect strangers with whom I have so much in common. Thus, I don't feel so lonely anymore. It was up to me, however, to allow them to help. Just listening to their stories sometimes became my best tool in recovery. I found I was a good listener. I also learned to express myself without worrying what others might think of my defects of the past. I had something to say, and I learned it was best to let it out than let it stew.

Get lots of phone numbers from your meetings, USE them! Find a sponser as soon as possible. Journal your thoughts, good and bad. You'll be amazed at how helpful it can be.

I will keep you in my prayers. Keep your chin up. Sincerely, BJ

I have a clear choice between life and death, between reality and fantasy, between health and sickness. I have to become responsible--responsible for mistakes as well as accomplishments.
--Eileen Mayhew
Old 07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Danicam

how can I withdraw at home with my baby? Can I? How bad is it going to be? If I taper cown even to biting pieces off a perk is that going to keep me from feeling the most?