a solution to my dilemma

Old 07-24-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a solution to my dilemma

Hello gang,

Well, I think I have come to a solution to my dilemma. I think I am going to find a survival job thats relatively easy and I enjoy. Then, I am going to pursue teacher certification. The credits I acrue can be applied towards a masters degree.
My boyfriend and I will probably move in together. His job is moving south and the university is south, so finding a place south will work well for both of us. Tentative plan sounds good and is shaping up nicely. Takes the pressure of me.

My dad pissed me off yesterday. He told me my resume looked good but said that no one is hiring someone with my (HR) experience right now. Hes nuts. The economy is not so great, but certainly I should be able to find something. He has been in a completely different field than mind for 30+ years anyways (tradework). It would be nice if he could say something positive-or nothing at all, considering I am already freaking out about job stuff. I guess hes just not good in the support-giving department.

I have decided not to discuss my employment with him. And, if he offers any advice, I am going to tell him I simply dont want to talk about it. Im glad to have moved away from my fam of origin. I like focusing on serenity.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sounds like you know how to set boundaries with Dad. Good for you. Acknolwedging those who are not supportive is a huge gift. Keep giving it to yourself!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My Dad can be kind of judgemental too, some subjects I just do not discuss with him at all.