Notices

Hitting the Wall

Old 07-21-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hitting the Wall

Hi, I just wanted to ask anyone have they ever experienced hitting a wall. That's how I desribe it anyway. It happens about every four to six weeks. I get real grunchy, bitchy, angry and think everyone has some sort of hidden agenda. If I can make it though and not drink it passes in a couple days usually about 3. I have a appointment on the 27th at commiunty mental health if I don't relapse first. any suggestions to help get me though. I never been on meds before I always thought I could handle it on my own. It's time to try something new. I'm attending meetings, going to counseling etc... Just thought I'vd put it out there . Thanks
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I go thru these periods sometimes too. I just do my best to take care of myself more than ever, find stuff to occupy my mind, and find someone to talk to and listen to me. Talking about things instead of stuffing them inside helps so much.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i also go threw this. i on the other hand hide i go off and be by my self reading playing on the pc the best is taking somthing apart and modifying it it takes your mind off of everything. i also go and make a knife or 2 from car parts. talking does help but for me ocupying my mind to the extreme is the only way to get threw it. as for meds we all think that we can get by with out them but n reality we realy cant and yes they do help regaurdless of what people say. they help and you wont regret it and drinking doesnt help it only magnifys the problem i am a recovering alcaholic so know what im saying. best of luck.