Notices

Depressed and Stressed

Old 07-11-2005, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed and Stressed

I have had mild to moderate depression since I was a teenager, but it was nothing compared to the terrible anxiety attacks I had. After trying different meds, I found that Paxil worked great for my anxiety. I'm finally almost free from panic.
But lately, I have been in a deep depression. For a month, I was exhausted, sad, irritated, sleeping way too much, eating way too much, etc. I was so miserable that I gave in and drank to relieve the pain. Ugh.
I love that Paxil has helped with anxiety, but it is doing nothing for depression. I'm afraid to try a different drug, because the panic attacks could come back. I really don't know which is worse.
I'm hoping to find some other remedies to help with depression. I'd rather not increase meds, since I'm already on 50mg and I've heard it's hard to come off of. But I don't want to keep turning back to alcohol to relieve the pain.

btw...I'm going to see a pastor for counseling soon. I hope this will also help.

Help me!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Lil...

I wish I could make it all go away for you..
Right after I make it all go away for me.. ;o)

I have bouts with anxiety... and sadness... but thankfully... I haven't been depressed for some time.

I try to counter my anxiety and sadness with cognitive therapy...
Conscious thought...
But.. sometimes I'm feeling sorry for myself... like right now... and prefer to wallow..

~~sigh ~~

I think it's good that your going to try counselling..
I hope your pastor has some savy along that line...

I found that reading about codependancy and dysfunctional family of origin books really helped put some stuff in perspective... and I think that is why my depression eased to minimal.

Now.. I have to deal with the "control" side of codependancy...

And why I find it so hard to let go of some people... and what they are doing...

Bottom line though...
It is my mind... my thoughts.. and I have the power to change them...

As I think.. I am...

But man.. some days...
Don't know who's in charge of my noggin.. ;o)

Praying for us both..