Notices

never again

Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post never again

My name is Rose; I am French so I firstly apologize for my English as you may find some mistakes. Anyway I would like to share with you my last discovered.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Do you know Dorothy Schwarz? She has written a book in order not to see her daughter forgotten after her suicide. She was manic-depression. Her book is titled Behind A Glass Wall. It is an account of the experiences of a young a beautiful woman living with a mental illness such as bipolar disorder.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

This book is truly emotional and I think without doubt that hearing these people’s voices can help to stop the humiliation mental health sufferers feel. Break the taboo!<o:p></o:p>
Old 07-11-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

never again

I just wrote a quick summary of the book, be pleased to read it and maybe it would give you ideas.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

She was beautiful, intelligent, vivacious and charismatic, and she suffered from manic depression. At the age of 27, after five months of deep despair, Zoë Schwarz threw herself under an express train. Could her suicide have been avoided? Would her family have acted differently if they had known that one in five people with this illness kill themselves? Dorothy Schwarz, Zoë’s mother, reflects on the death of her daughter.
“No one is to blame for my death”. Zoë Schwarz killed herself after a long battle with mental illness, leaving a note saying no one was to blame. In a moving letter to her dead daughter, her mother says there is no pain comparable to that caused by suicide and asks if she could have done anything to prevent it.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

To family and friends and Hicham (their addresses are on a list pinned up over my bed.)<o:p></o:p>

No one is to blame for my death. I am killing myself because the circumstances of my life are unbearable. <o:p></o:p>

I love you all; but I can’t live like this. I am in too much pain and I am just deteriorating.<o:p></o:p>

I am sorry, please forgive me.<o:p></o:p>

I used to work and see friends a lot; but now I can do neither because I can’t function nor communicate. I’ve been in hell for 4 months and I can’t bear the pain any more. Zoë.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

That was the note, in perfectly legible writing, found by the police, lying on the front seat of her car, parked at Marks Tey Station in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Suffolk</st1:place></st1:City> on <st1:date Month="8" Day="22" Year="2000">August 22, 2000</st1:date>.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
Old 07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Rose....

Thank you for posting this....I know this book
will be extemely beneficial for the families who
are left behind and struggling with a loved ones
suicide. I can only imagine the guilt and blame
that goes with such a tragic death.

Zoe's note is extremely powerful and heartbreaking
that she suffered such excruciating pain in life.

Thank you again...I will pass it on..