Notices

When will life be normal

Old 07-02-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When will life be normal

i am the wife of an addict of perscription drugs. He lied and deceived me for 4 years and now he has been sober for 7 months. i am having trouble trusting him , he came clean about somethings but there are alot of un answered questions and i am now the one with the problems. i was looking to talk to someone who has experienced similar.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Lwopcraze, Welcome to SR you will find alot of support and healing here.

I sure wish that my husband was a member here at SR, he would be able to help you.
I am also a perscription drug addict in recovery.

Lwopcraze, you should go and introduce yourself to the women and men in the
Family and Friends section of this board go to the Nar-Anon section. There are people there just like you.

Wishing you the best.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i was looking for an online meeting or chat area i can't seem to find any i know my husband does na meetings online i was looking for the same
Old 07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Iwopcraze~~~Hi...Not sure why I was compelled to read your post..I felt your fear, sadness...wish I could help..I can only keep you in my prayers.

((hugs))Lunachic
Old 07-03-2005, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Time takes time. You still love him? Hopefully he will gain back your trust by staying clean.

U say, he's doing meetings on line? He would be better off going to face to face meetings. Does he have a sponser?
Old 07-03-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I am sorry to hear your story. I have a similar one but me and my husband used together and now for the first second time I am not using but he still is. I cant make him stop but I am still hurt everytime I know he has been using and I am not sure if that feeling will ever go away, but I know that NA meetings help for me.

Take care,
want
(Christine)
Old 07-03-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Originally Posted by lwopcraze
i was looking for an online meeting or chat area i can't seem to find any i know my husband does na meetings online i was looking for the same
Hi, and welcome to SR!!!

You've come to a great place to chat and have online meetings, as well as the support you need and deserve. Come on down to the naranon forum. We're here for mutual support and we understand.

Go to the Chat Forum, at the bottom of the forums page, and you'll see how to sign on to chat, and also find a list of meetings here on SR.

Also, a friend recently told me that "normal" was a setting on a washing machine.

Hope to see you here often as we both grow in our recovery!
Shalom!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You have found the right place.
I too have an abf addicted to hydrocodone. It has been a lon haul, if you have seen any of my previous posts, detox, relapse, and now attempting again.
'I understand your struggle with the trust issues. It is difficult to believe what the say, around here we call that "quacking" You see the lips move, you want to believe them, but the fact is, they have to earn it back. You did not cause this, you cannot cure it, nor can you control it.
When someone several times looks you in the face and says "honestly i swear....and you KNOW that they are not telling the truth, it destroys a lot.
Try Naranon meetings, and stay with us here. There is always someone to answer any questions, or just be there if you need to vent.
Hope I have shed some light on this for you. Feel free to send a post anytime.
Mendingheart