Notices

hoping someone will know what this is?

Old 06-28-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hoping someone will know what this is?

Hi,

I haven't visited for a while. I'll fill you in briefly on my situation.

About 6 months ago, I discovered my husband was smoking crack in our basement. We have two small children so after a few attempts to get him to stop and realizing that wasn't going to happen I took the kids and set-up up house elsewhere. Of course, he is still using and will deny it unless I catch him red handed and sadly that has happened more than once. Anyway, I have been finding different things now was hoping someone could shed some light on what they might be used for.

Over the past few weeks I have found balloons. There were a couple larger ones party balloon size and they looked like they had been cut with sissors. Also, finding brillo pads, mini balloons, blackend clothes and crumbled magazine pages. I can't figure out what the balloons have to do with cocaine though. I have not found any needles but I saw him yesterday and he had red (looked like thin scratch marks) on the inside of his right arm. I couldn't get a close enough look to see if there were any needle marks. Also, found pieces of brillo and tiny blackened pieces of glass on the counter.

Hope someone can help

God Bless and Thanks

Whichwaytogo
Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you and your family. You did a brave and smart thing to pick up the kids and go. Crack is a nasty drug, and as i"m sure you've seen here at SR, it's torn more than a few families apart.

Not sure about the balloons (unless thats how they pkg it there), but if the 'brillo' you're talking about is the brass/metallic kind, it is used inside the crack pipe as kind of a filter. The crack pipe can be something as simple as a small glass tube, which becomes blackened from lighting and eventually breaks. That might account for the blackened glass.

It's so sad, really, they sell the 'chore' (the brillo) and the glass pipes at every corner store ...

My best to you and your family. Have you tried Nar-Anon?

Much Love: SS
Old 06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,
I am sorry for your position you are in, and although I am not thankfully experienced with the crack, I know my abf used balloons for what he called "whip its"
They fill the balloon with the cartridge for whipping cream, and they can be inhaled.
It gives an instant high for about ten minutes I think. I was so disgusted when I found these in his posession.....he denied them until later when it all came out.
You have done the right thing in moving, and you are definitely in a better place. You are a wise and wonderful mom in caring and loving your children so that they are not in that place.
Maybe this will help a bit?
Someone else will be along soon to help you out further. Blake is a great go to guy, he is very helpful.
Mendingheart
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

This is kind of gross but I have also known people to use the balloons to hide their stash and swallow it before they get busted. Later when the balloon goes thru the digestive system...they open it and...bada bing...the drugs are still good.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MrOzzfest2006

I used to use balloons to blow the smoke into and hold it in the ballonn so I could inhale it multiple times , to make the the most out of the times I was running low and down to the last few hits. Hope this helps. Oh also look around for bread bags and also doggie bags(any small plastic(thin ) bags)
Hope this helps

Old 05-15-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

`Hi MrOzzfest2006,,

Welcome to SR.. Great to have you here.. Hope you continue to post.. Great support here.. Please post a thread, if you are comfortable enough, and introduce yourself..People will want to welcome you..

Prayers,

Becky
Old 05-15-2006, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pot Addict

Pisses me off when people do this who are parents. It's one thing to ruin your life...but to ruin your child's life too is unexcuseable. He needs to straighten up for his children. Have no tolerance for that crap. I wouldn't even let my children near him.

Maybe set up an intervention with the adults who love him and get him off that stuff. Apparently the part of your brain that knows that this is bad for you is the same part of the brain that the drug eats away at first. He will not know what he is doing is killing him until he is off it for awhile. If enough people get together to convince him...he might listen.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rho
JstBcuz

Prayers are with you, I for one know that CRACK can ruin a family, it ruined mine, I have my preliminary divorce hearing on the 24th, I have helped my AH over and over and over agian, but we can not help those who won't help themselves.

Your in my prayers you and the kids!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

these questions are so hard to answer. on one hand, this person is sick, and needs help, and is hurting inside. on the other hand, he is smoking @#$#'ing rock.

I think the best thing to do, might be just to make it public that he is on rock, since perhaps keeping it a secret is the worst part, him hiding ext... Even if the kids know, thier father isn't perfect, but if you talk to them about drugs, then they most likely wont get into it themselves. They are more at risk if no one says anything or talks about it ... once things are in the open, they a lot of the 'bang' loses its buck. I'm not sure if i just made sense.

But perhaps end the secrecy, then from there he can move to get PROPER help, like maybe a sober living home, or rehab, ext... Maybe Rhodie can help, because I think he was on crack also.