Notices

Grand sponser my sponsee

Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grand sponser my sponsee

Hi everybody...I know I don't post much at all, but I do read here daily. That being said I have a problem, that I am not sure I can talk about at my home group. First a little about my self, I have been clean for 20 months. Very early in my recovery, as I was working my first step, I realized I am also a food addict. So I started working my NA program on complete abstiance from all drugs and sugars. This has worked very well for me, and I have lost more than 70 pounds. Well about 6 months ago, my grand sponser asked me to sponser her on her food addiction. Sure, I was happy to share my experience with her. Well, I have been kind of a support person and not really a sponser, (no formal step work or anything) She had not been able to keep clean from sugar...so I told her to I would be here when she was ready. She called me the other day and asked again to sponser her on her FOOD. I agreed. This afternoon I get a call from my sponser saying that she had talked to her sponser (my food sponsee), and she has fired her NA sponser(who she has had for 6 years) and that I had agreed to be her only sponser for both drugs and food. WHOA...WTF, I am totally freaking out over this. First, she never asked me that. but most of all I don't think it would work, having my grand sponser as my sponsee. I don't know if I should call her and find out what is going on, or just wait for her to ask me...Then what?? neither me or my sponser thinks this is quite right, but she reminded me that God has his own plan.
I don't know what to tell her, I thought about telling her to go to a OA meeting and get a sponser there, after all this is somthing I kind of made up...sugar is a drug, one is to many, so I dont' eat any...
I dont' think I can sponser her as she has been clean for 6 yrs...
and I am not comfortable sponsering her...

Help!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Interesting situation.

Well first I would wait to hear it from her directly. I am not saying that your sponsor is not telling the truth I am just saying that IMO it is always best to wait and hear it directly from the source.

And if she does ask you to be her NA sponsor, explain to her just what you explained here in your post that you are not comfortable being your sponsors sponsor.

But until she asks you herself, pray about it and ask your HP what it is you should do.

Congrats to you for your 20 months being clean!! and off sugar that is awesome and those 70 lbs!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

As far as my learning goes, I get wisdom from the old timers but I get working methods from the newbies. Working with a newbie refreshes the things learned but maybe put aside at a point in my life.

It can work. I would pray about it and if it be God's will...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree totally with Paulie's suggestion. Honesty is always best
Old 06-27-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I will wait to hear it from her, and I will con't to pray on this...
Old 06-28-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Why wait to hear from her. You call her. Get it out of the way now so you don't continue to stress on it.

You need to do what you are comfortable doing. But, it can work.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been trying to reach her since yesterday, and I have not been able to get her. So I am just in a waiting game. Will keep ya'll posted on this, as it is my only place to vent this.
thanks so much for being here.