Notices

Bad Day..ugh

Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Day..ugh

10 DAYS off hydro. and i feel like sh#t. Wife has no idea, she thinks i'm lazy. I've been feeling GREAT. But today...ugh. no energy (Wife is riding me to do the yard work) urging hydro like a crackhead. I swear if i had some. oh god. i'd use them.
I need to get thru the day. I don't have a choice.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i know.i had one day off subutex and i couldnt handle it.not with a 4 yr old wanting me to play.i went out and did some smack.feel bad now as i hadnt done that for 1 yr.im going to get a new script for subutex tomorrow and stay on it a bit longer.
anyway well done to you for doing 5 days.dont give up yet.
well done,well done well done................................
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It took me at least two months before I felt close to normal after getting clean from hydro. It has been six months now and I still have days when my energy is low.

Try not to internalize your wife's expectations (easier said than done, I know!!!). Just do the best you can. The depression and fatigue do get better with time.

I've found that staying as busy as possible, and getting as much physical activity as possible really helps. It's hard to motivate myself to do things, but once I get started, it's not so bad. Hang in there.....I've been where you are and I know how hard it is, but it gets so much better!
Ashley
Old 06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hey Golf!

10 days is great! You can do this! Our bodies need time to adjust.Try to get some rest.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to all. Feel alittle better now. Had a sobe energy drink..no caffeine..packed with vit. b's. It really is just my damn wife, she knew i had the hydro problem but she didn't know i relapsed. so the last 10 days i have had to put on a happy face, you know. My wife has ZERO tolerance for what happened to me. When i was a my worst the first time i tried to quit cold turkey my legs cramped so bad, i asked her if she could rub them for a minute....NO. So i basically spend my time in my home office, work, listen to music and treadmill. No running last 2 days, will start back tommorrow. And i have a grandfather in hospice fading fast. I need some cheese for my wine. lol
Thanks again, Golf
Old 06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GOlf,
Stay with it buddy, you will be so ooooooooooooo grateful. I was just having this conversation with my abf(hydro) last night. He has relapsed, and wishes he would have stuck it out. THe sleeplessness killed him......depression and no energy. He realizes how good it was to have my love and help. This time around , he is really scared to go it alone. I refuse to be involved. You have to want this one for yourself my friend.....may your will be stronger than that urge. You can do this!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You go Golf!! You can do it!