Notices

One week sober, worst time ever. Wow.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week sober, worst time ever. Wow.

Man, still feel like my skin is going to peel off, cannot sleep, it is pretty awful. I really hope this withdrawl crap goes away or I am going to have to medicate. On a good note, first weekend in years I did not drink, worked out twice, went jogging, hardly ate, lost like 6 pounds.

I truly salute peeps that can stay sober. Reason I am trying now is I have alot of symptoms of liver disease and I am only 33, gonna have it checked out. Pretty spooky.

First sober week in, I think, many years.

-Dan
Old 06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 1 week! Keep up the good work! Yeah, the withdraw crap def. sucks but it does get better! Take it easy on your body, eat healthy *since you have symptoms of liver disease*, and don't over do it with the working out.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on the 1 week Dan!

Remember, you don't have to go through that again if you don't want to...

Have you checked out AA? It will help when things get hairy...

Ken
Old 06-20-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Dan! Way to go dude! A week is super! Did you ever puke when you were drinking and have a bad hangover the next day? Consider this detox period a small investment in a huge payoff. It may be helpful even now to drink orange juice mixed with honey to level you out a bit. You may also want to seek the counsel who UNDERSTANDS alcoholism and may be able to help you physically without stringing you out on narcotics. Blessings
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One week is great! Once you get thru the withdrawals, they will be behind you. As long as you don't drink, you'll feel better. That is a guarantee. Don't give up on what is yet to come. I promise you, there are better things ahead.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Dan...keep going forward. Congratulations on your efforts.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

If you have been sober a week already, I assure you it will get better very soon. Hang in there. You are worth your recovery!

Hugs--
Old 06-20-2005, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats on one week, I have been sober for one week myself and I feel great, except i am very tired, have only slept one full night, but otherwise I am so glad I am sober now and I am looking forward to being sober the rest of my life. Just hang in there it does get better.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Still hardly sleeping, but am very physically active, weight dropping fast, I like it. Got a date though this week, a chick supposedly hot I am being setup with, no way in hell will I be able to do it without a drink, would be way too nervous. Whole world looks different right now, and frankly, kind of scary. it is like I am waking up in this foreign place and am not sure how to fit in.

I told my therapist this, I honestly do not know if I want to stop drinking, for life. I cannot imagine the fun times I will miss, the parties, the unexpected, spur of the moment crazy things, sobriety just seems so, well, boring.

thanks people, always helps to get thoughts out,

-Dan
Old 06-21-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Midas

The first week can be really rough. During my first 7 days, I was really restless. Maybe it was a bad idea, but I refused medication. The Big Book has a way of comforting it's readers...I had a bookhead look for a few days afterwards. Valerian & KavaKava together helped me relax, and eased the withdrawal fits too by also taking Licorice root. Melatonin knocked me out. The first night sober, I recall taking about 10 grams of Melatonin and I ended up sleeping for 2 whole days! Be careful though if you need to take over-the-counter sleep aids.

The first TWO of anything are the worst: The first two minutes, the first two days, the first two weeks, etc.

Recovery may not get easier, but it does get better! Hang in there!

Old 06-21-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

Congrats Dan! Just stick with it, it will get better the first week sucks no doubt, but dude you can do this!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

you are doing great try not to look back keep in the present moment by moment....it gets better.

indigo