Notices

My mini vacation.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

My mini vacation.

Good morning everyone.

My trip to the Miss Louisiana pageant was AWSOME!!!!!!

I had to ride up there with my dad and I was in a car with him for 4 hours. I know how to **** him off and he knows how to **** me off. We started to get into an argument about work (he is also my boss) and I fed into it for about 30 minutes and my blood was boiling. I realized that I was pissed off for some stupid **** so I shut the conversation down by saying, "this is the most pissed off I have been since I got clean. I not gonna participate in this conversation." And I quit talking till he brought up a more peacfull topic......I used to just feed into it and argue till both of us almost resorted to violence, b/c of what I have learned since I got clean, I didn't have to do that and the ride was more peaceful than it would have been otherwise.

Another cool thig that happened was that I didn't have to do any dope while I was up there. Last year for this thing I brought a robust and hearty amount of dope with me. I ended up doing more than I thought I would and ran out for the final night. I had to leave the pageant and go back to the hotel b/c I had "caught a stomach virus". I didn't even have to worry about that **** this year. If I wanted to go to the mall with my cousin, I did. If I wanted to go eat with some other contestants family, I did. I wanted to stay for the entire pageant and I did (except for frequent cigarette breaks). It was awsome. Drugs don't run my life anymore, they don't tell me when to eat or sleep or sit on the couch and stare at the wall. If I do something today, it's b/c I want to do it.

My little sis accoplished what she set out to do. She made the top 10 (which is a big deal for someone that is only 18 since the winner is almost allways 21-23) and she was happy I was there to support her.

Here is a pic of me and her
Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Good to here that you had a great trip.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I am glad you had a nice sober trip. Your little sis is beautiful!!! congrats to her.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for sharing that inspirational tale, Blake!! And for the pic, too. You sure look different when not on the nod. It's great to contrast those images, isn't it? And tell your sister congratulations!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie