12 Steps to INSANITY

Old 10-21-2002, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

12 Steps to INSANITY

Here is how NOT to practice our program in 12 steps:

1) We admitted that we were powerless over nothing, that we could manage our lives perfectly & those of anyone who would allow us.
2) Came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves & the rest of the world was insane.
3) Made a decision to have our loved ones turn their wills and their lives over to our care even though they couldn't understand us at all
4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of everyone we knew
5) Admitted to the whole world the exact nature of everyone else's wrongs
6) Were entirely ready to make others give us the respect we deserved
7) Demanded others do our will because we were always enlightened
8) Made a list of all persons who had harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths to get even with them
9) Got direct revenge on such people whenever possible except when to do so would cost us our lives or at the very least a jail sentence
10) Continued to take inventory of others and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
11) Sought thru complaining and medication to improve our relations with others as we could not understand them at all, asking only that they do things our way.
12) Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame it on others and to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bravo!
Old 10-21-2002, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think I practice THOSE 12 steps before I found my new ones. Yup, I see me in there somewhere. Thanks Osier. You make me laugh just when I need it.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Well I for one have definitely reached the 12th step on These 12 Steps to Insanity!!
Old 10-22-2002, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Graduation Day

Thanks Osier for tht post

Here I ws feeling so discouraged tht I would never get it "right"
but I read them over and by gosh I don't think I've missed one of those 12! Now I can finally get my diploma, just one question left for you wht would be considered proper attire for this graduation ceremony? The suit of armor, boots and helmets, and I know it's just a rumor but I heard tht the diploma is actually in the shape of a skillet. Is this true? And instead of pomp and circumstance does the band "I will survive"? Thanks again for the
insight and for this program tht shows us we can look at ourselves in the mirror and laugh. Hv a great day!