Notices

New comer

Old 06-17-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angel baby

New comer

Hi all, I am new to this site, but I think that I like it. I have already read so much and see so much of me now and in the past. I value everyone's story. And their encouragemnet.. But I really don't know were to begin
Old 06-17-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Let me be the first to say "welcome" angel baby--we are all trying to help one another and stay clean/sober one day at a time. We'd love to get to know you, hear your story and find out where you are at in your recovery. If you have a problem, question, or just want to have someone listen--you're in the right place. Hope you will find the experience strength and hope that will aid you in your journey. There are lots of fun people to get to know--and it doesn't take long to feel like "home". So come on in--the water is fine! Blessings
Old 06-17-2005, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Angel baby

Thank you Queen Shenique, I am a 37 yr old wife, mother, daughter, nurse and recovering addict. I have been clean and sober for 6+ yrs now. And like everyone of us, I have a story. One that I can't even believe is my story. Now as I think about it, I think how could that be me? No, that has tio be someone else. Kelly would have never done those things. Reach knew better, she was taught better...BLAH BLAH BLAH... I was 26 before I used Meth for the first time... That was the day I started dying from the disease..
Oh I have to go to a ballgame be back later. But thanks again for acknowleging me
Old 06-17-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR !

Great site, great people! I look foward to getting to know you.

Bless, Trish
Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Angel Baby,

Welcome! You've found a great place to visit.

I feel exactly the same way as you in that I can't believe this is my story. I'm an alcoholic, sober almost 5 years now and I still am amazed what I went through. I began drinking in my mid-forties and took 3 years to stop. The disease of addiction is powerful and unpredictable.

I'm glad you found us and hope you keep visiting.

Anna
Old 06-17-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Miraclen, 'expect a miracle' is on my Grandmother's gravestone. She ALWAYS said that.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Angel
I am happy you are here. I also am a mom, nurse, addict/alch in my 30's. I have only been sober for 6 months...but my life is soooo much better now.
Welcome to SR!
Peace and Love
Tanya
Old 06-18-2005, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!!! It is a great site and the people on here are great 2!!!! I have found it very helpful.