Notices

is this normal?

Old 06-13-2005, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is this normal?

is it normal that after not doing uppers for almost a month that I am hungry all the time? I mean so hungry my stomach hurts? I have gained back most the weight I lost when I was doing coc and speed..and its been three weeks since the last time I did any uppers at all. I just dont understand why I get so hungry and shake and all that after eating only a few hours before.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe your body just needs to eat right now. I am always starving for months when i quit using...but i think i comfort eat as much as anything....my husband however gets like you, very shaky when he needs to eat. He also gets quite down emotionally if he misses meals. So yeah, i would say it is pretty much normal and just let it happen for now.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, it's completely normal. Your body's system has been thrown way out of whack and with a little time it will bounce back to normal. We are in the habit of medicating ourselves. If you begin an exercise regime it will help you detox AND not gain weight from all the food required to heal yourself.

It does get better so please hang in there!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Uppers like cocaine, amphetamines, etc. also have a side effect of supressing you appetite, so it is very normal that you're hungry all the time now that you're not on the drug. Also, if you were not eating before or not eating properly, I'm sure your body is malnourished and it's telling you to give it nutrients. My friend is addicted to Aderall - when he's on them, he almost never eats because he's never hungry, but when he runs out of the pills, watch out! He can eat forever. He also said when that happens, he eats because he's trying to fill a void. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Be careful what and when you eat, yes your body is trying to replenish what was lost, but it's entirely possible to gain so much weight that THAT becomes unhealthy. I suggest lots of water, it helps fill you up and helps the body heal. 0 calories.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you sooo much for the replies...I was starting to freak out that I might be pregnant which is only very slightly possible..1\1000000 since I have an iud. so I defintly feel better.