Notices

I am not alone...

Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb I am not alone...

Today I know that I can do anything I need to do with God's help.When I feel alone or shaken up, I can ask for help within myself and know that it is there. Each of us is ultimately alone. Each of us has to learn our own lessons, that is what we are here to do. We can't learn anyone's lessons for them and learning our own is difficult enough. To plow through my own psyche and face the insecurity and wounds that are still there is all that I can handle.To try to live other people's lives for them is to separate myself from God because my first access to God is through and within me.
I ask for help in learning
what I need to learn.

I trust in my own good.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Just for today...

Just for today...starting today I will do whatever I can to realize my dreams....
Most of us had dreams when we were young..I did..but our dreams died when our addiction took hold. Our dreams didn't go past the next drug and the euphoria we hoped it would bring. Now in recovery, we find a reason to hope that our lost dreams can still come true. We used to put so much of our energy into spinning excuses and rationalizations for our failures. Today, we go forward and make use of the new opportunities life presents to us. We may be amazed at what we are really capable of. With our foundation of recovery, success, fufillment, and satisfaction are within our reach at last....
Just for today... I will dare to dream...
Old 06-09-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you ((((( sarahjangle)))))) !!!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb I will keep...

Just for today.... I will keep coming back. I will remember the welcome I was given when I first came to NA. Today I will express my gratitude by offering a hug to the newcomer. By offering a hug or just a warm welcome, we extend the hand of NA to the addict who still suffers.

Do you remember when you were suffering? When someone reached their hand out to yours, did you take it? When I was suffering and first came to NA I was so scared. I walked into the meeting, and I didn't know anyone. They started greeting me and made me feel welcome. I wasn't an outcast any more. At least not in there,..we were all the same. Noone better, noone worse.. I felt so comfortable... Wouldn't you like to give it a chance? It feels great to be home again.....just for today..I will appreciate all that has been given back to me...I will appreciate the newcomers feelings...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just for today...

"As we recover...."

'As we recover, we gain a new outlook on being clean....Life can become a new adventure for us' Basic text,p.88

Today we have a chance to feel clean, by living clean.As we stay 'clean' and work the 12 steps, we discover a new kind of clean.Its the freshness that comes from owning up to our wrongs and making amends for them. Its the vitality that comes from the new set of values we develop as we seek a Higher Power's will for us. Today living clean....is the only way to have it..
Just for today...I feel clean because I am living clean...and thats the way I want to keep it.....
Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just for today...

just for today.....

"Yes, we are a vision of hope..." Basic text,p.51

By the time we reached the end of our road,many of us had lost all hope for a life without the use of drugs. We believed we destined to die from the disease.What a inspiration it was,then,coming to our first meeting and seeing a room full of addicts who were staying clean! A clean addict is, indeed, a vision of hope. The newcomers see the joyful light in our eyes,notice how we carry ourselves,listen to us speak at meetings, and often want what we have found. They hear us carry a message of hope to them.The newcomer will remember that others walked through the same difficulty as they did, and are staying clean.
Just for today....I will remember that I am a beacon to all who follow my path, a vision of hope......
Old 06-13-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation Just for today..."The program...

"The program works a miracle in our lives...We become free to live."
Basic text,p.11
Most of us have heard someone complaining about being terribly overworked,too busy for meetings,or sponsorship,or other activities.The days seem so full:job,family and friends,meetings,activities,sponsorship,stepwork.N ot so long ago few of us were capable of having any of these 'problems' in our life.We devoted all of our energy to maintaining our addiction.Today we have full lives, complete with all the feelings and problems that go with living in reality.

Just for today: I will remember that my life is a miracle.Instead of resenting how busy I am, I will be thankful my life is so full......just for today.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb Who do you trust?

Just for today...I have worked hard to build my faith in a loving, caring Higher Power that will guide me through life's challenges.Today, I will trust that Power.
After we have been through so much in our addictions it's very hard for us to trust anyone or anything. Because, we wonder why our Higher Power wasn't with us when we were down and out. But, He was. He was always with me. But I was doing the wrong things. Why would He help me? Until I asked for His help,He didn't give it to me. The Power is inside of us. Wanting and waiting for us to reach out. Noone could help me until I helped myself. It's noone's fault but my own. When I finally reached out...so many doors opened for me. No, I don't claim to be perfect, noone is. I strive to do the right things for the right reasons. I promise ....if you reach out..someone will reach back...with that I WILL- KEEP COMING BACK!
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good words girl.keep them coming.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb If you are an alcoholic, please read....

THE PROMISES...from the AA Book...:hello2

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development,we will be amazed before we are halfway through.We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past or wish to shut the door on it.We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.No matter how far down the scale we have gone,we will see how our experience can benefit others.That feeling of uselessness and self pity will disappear.We will lose interrest in selfish things and gain interrest in our fellows.Self seeking will slip away.Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.Fear of people and economic insecurity will leave us.We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.We will suddenly reaslize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves....
Are these extravagant promises? We think not!They are being fufilled among us-Sometimes quickly,sometimes slowly.They will always materialize if we work for them.:e03c
Old 06-16-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb My inner teacher...

Today I realize that what I am searching for,is within me. No one's intuition is more tuned into my heart, than my own.Why should I spend all my time letting others tell me, who I am, when I can go into the quiet of my own spirit and learn for myself? The anchor that I wish to cast out to sea so that I will not float away, I will seek within. I am capable of knowing and learning what I need for happiness with my own faculties, if I trust my teacher within...I am anchored from within....
All our life..people have told us what to do, how to act, how we should live, decisions we should make...only I can control who I am...I can't look for myself in someone else...I must learn and grow, and decide..Who am I? I had to learn to trust myself again..I had to decide who I was and wanted to be...I know one thing for sure...whatever I choose...I choose soberly....
Old 06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

beautiful stuff sarahjangel1, keep it up, nice dailies!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Chy

Great stuff!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Arrow People...

"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges" from the April 1955 Grapevine

I can say that today I'm not lonely. It's the first time in my life, I've felt good inside. The fellowship of NA has made a tremendous impact on my life. For once I feel good about who I am. I have dreams and goals. I'm not lonely anymore..I know that there are people just like me...the fellowship is my family now..If you like many of us, built walls and kept everyone out....come to our fellowship and we will show you how to love yourself again...I am but one...with the fellowship I am many....
Old 06-19-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Arrow What are your values?

:sm The biggest challenge to consistently practicing values is this:We have to stop luxuriating in being victims and take responsibility for ourselves.Practicing values means the ball is always in our court.When we focus on our values,we improve the quality of our daily lives,and when we encounter a challenge we'll have a better idea of what to apply.Concider each day of your life as an opportunity to consciously learn,practice,or apply values that are important to you.Usually the situations that most require us to practice our values feel the most difficult.
Are you attending meetings and working the steps?Do you have a regular practice to help yourself stay spiritually in shape or on track? Only you know what works best for you...whatever you choose to do...Just do it..
Old 06-19-2005, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by sarahjangel1
"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges" from the April 1955 Grapevine

I can say that today I'm not lonely. It's the first time in my life, I've felt good inside. The fellowship of NA has made a tremendous impact on my life. For once I feel good about who I am. I have dreams and goals. I'm not lonely anymore..I know that there are people just like me...the fellowship is my family now..If you like many of us, built walls and kept everyone out....come to our fellowship and we will show you how to love yourself again...I am but one...with the fellowship I am many....
AMEN to that......Kahlia
Old 06-20-2005, 05:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb A little thought from Melody Beattie...

:Terrific Have you ever cried so hard that you thought you would never stop?Have you ever laughed so hard you cried?Have You ever known someone you didn't want to live without-a friend,lover,or relative?Have you ever been so forlorn you thought you'd never be happy again?And just when you were about to lose hope-or right after you did-your Higher Power came through?Have you ever felt so angry while driving that when a streetlight went out,you thought your anger did it?Have you ever felt so angry you wanted to break something,stomp,or spit? Have you ever wanted something so badly-like sobriety-and been so afraid you couldn't have it you were willing to go to any lengths to achieve success? It's important to feel all our emotions-jealosy,desire,anger.,Love,despair,and the taboo feelings.I know,feelings can be a pain in the neck.Feelings can make us feel ill.If we don't feel them,they don't go away.And it can take awhile to figure out what to do with them after we notice they're there.Red with anger,green with envy,blue with sadness,the pink cloud of recovery. GO AHEAD...PICK A COLOR...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation To find serenity....

:e12i I was offered a second chance at life,and I took it.But in order to succeed, to find serenity that had escaped me for so many years,I would have to accept my past as a part of who I am and understand the choices that I made were made-I can't go back and change them.However,I won't repeat them.I was given a new day to find a new way.It wasn't that I am pretty,smart,or capable,But that I choose to believe it was so.It wasn't that I couldn't do things,but the fear of failure and rejection kept me from trying.I can remember saying I wasn't afraid of anything,but that was just the face I put on for others.Anyone who puts the kinds of things in their body that I did in mine is full of fear, or they wouldn't have to do it.It was time to claim what belonged to me:selfishness,self-pity,irrespnsibility,blaming others for my mistakes,escaping into my addictions,and fear.They were the words that told me who I was and I had no peace in my life.Once I said out loud,accepted as my truth,I'd found a starting point.
I cannot change the past,but I have today,this moment,and the choice to do it differently.I can see the past as a great learning experience that will teach me better how to live today.To deny the past is to deny myself......I am the sum total of all my life up to this exact moment in time......
Old 06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Arrow Basic text page44...

"Sometimes when we pray,a remarkable thing happens:We find the means,ways, and energies to perform tasks far beyond our capabilities."

Just for today: I will take a deep breathe and talk to God whenever I feel fustrated....
Old 06-25-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb Today...

You know,I try and write in 4 threads every day. It's a pleasure for me to share and give you some things to think about. My goal, when sharing, is to help me, and help you.Maybe you have been through similar situations. It's not about how different we all are, its about loving each other for who we all are. My quote,if you haven't seen it, is: "I am but one, with the fellowship, I am many." So, if you are not getting help because no one will understand-Thats B.S.!!!! Don't make any excuses today- be honest...I'm an addict...and today I choose to give and receive the help I need......I choose to stay clean, no matter how high the mountain, it only takes one step to get to the top!!! With that...I will keep coming back..