Notices

Willingness

Old 06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Willingness

Great meeting tonight in Exeter.

The topic was being powerless, but one share from a member really hit home to me. Amazing how you hear just what you need to hear.

I've had a miserable day and it is due to procrastination on my part, or to put it simply - not doing what I agreed to do. To cover my ass I even made excuses why I couldn't be somewhere I was meant to be, and I postponed the appointment because I hadn't completed what I said I would. This led to me being quite irritable and angry at myself all day. Those old feelings of worthlessness and self pity came back strongly.

At the meeting a guy shared tonight about willingness. How he had to pray for willingness to apply himself to anything. And this brought it all rushing back to me. I had to pray long and hard to be willing to make my amends...... Now I need to pray and ask for the willingness to tackle life !!

All I need to do is to pray for the willingness to apply myself to what God gives me to do and I will be OK. I know the God of my understanding will never give me more than I can handle.

much love
JC
Old 06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Willingness, becoming willing, makes all the difference, getting sober was relatively easy, (in relation to the size of the task) one I became willing to do something, anything about my problem.

And so it goes with most other events in my day(s). Good post Jay, thanks.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaySee
All I need to do is to pray for the willingness to apply myself to what God gives me to do and I will be OK.
My stubborn self thanks you for the good reminder James.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Great post. Thanks for the reminder! When I was actively drinking and using, I was willing to do anything to get that next drink or drug. Now I need to apply that same willingness to my sobriety!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Great post Jay! I find that when lacking in willingness I'm simply fighting the direction that my HP has intended me. Sometimes it takes me a couple of day's to figure out WTF! But once I realize I'm fighting against HP and what his plan is for me, not my selfish wants poof! All better, your so right about hearing what we need to hear, I snicker at HP sometimes as I think he doesn't like using lightening bolt zaps to get his point across so he purposefully makes sure that if anything we get to where we need to be to hear his constant reminders of direction for us. Again, wonderful post.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((JC)))))))
You continue to be an inspiration.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

(((JC))) thanks for this thread...I agree with you, it's amazing what you need to hear from others at meetings.

My willingness is wide open today thankfully, and I'll do whatever need be to always keep that door open.

Thanks again JC