Notices

Newbie here, Day 6 no pills

Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie here, Day 6 no pills

:hello2 Hello, this is my first time posting on here. I guess I will make a long story short. I am on day 6 (cold turkey) of kicking a 2 year pain pill addiction (methadone, demerol, percs, whatever I could get my hands on) The last 5 days have been miserable, I knew what to expect because of w/d's many times in the past. Today I feel sooo much better. My muscles still hurt real bad especially legs, arms, shoulders. sleeping is impossible. anxiety and when I do sleep I have horrible nightmares and wake up in a puddle of sweat.

My husband and I started dating when we were both 14. At age 20 we got married. We are both addicts. He is a former addict. He straightened up at age 19 and then he joined the Marine Corps. We are now age 24. A little about my past: At 13yrs old I started smoking weed, At 14 crystal meth, cocaine, LSD, benzos, heroin(once, didn't like narcotics back then) At 16 rehab inpatient 64 days for crystal meth and cocaine, the day I got out of rehab I went back to same ole friends and took acid as a welcome home present. At 18 I discovered the famous opiates and my favorite's oxycontin & percs. did all the drugs i just listed until the age of 20. THEN I HIT ROCK BOTTOM.

I Got clean, got married, and moved to North Carolina. And that is when my hubby deployed the first time overseas and the pills took over my life.

I seem to do good when he is home but I got real bad when his first 10 month deployment came. That was when I definately became a pain pill addict. It was so easy to just numb the pain and not think about him being overseas. I told him about my addiction after he returned (talk about a wonderful coming home present), he helped me through withdrawals, i was clean for 2 months, then started using again behind his back. He now knows I never quit using and is helping me once again through these w/d's. He has been with me through all my previous addictions, rehab, recovery, and whatever else life threw at us and I was with him through his addictions, recovery, etc. All in all he is a great wonderful husband and we are great together. So I need to get well for me especially and for him also. Drugs have ruined 10 years of my life. I am ready to take my life back. I know drug addiction will be something I will always have to fight the rest of my life but for now I am taking it one day at a time. I guess one could say I am taking baby steps. Whatever keeps me clean.

Thanks for letting me vent and tell my story.

Suz:hugehug
Old 06-03-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello TakeitDaybyDay, and welcome to SR. Congratulations on 6 days. I too was very lucky that my husband stood by me in my addiction to pain pills.

Keep taking the baby steps, We can live our life clean I am living proof.

We are here for you if you need. SoberRecovery is open 24-7.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Your husband is a very special person. Both for serving his country and serving his wife. You must do this for yourself. Your husband will then reap the rewards. Stay strong, stay away from the bad influences. SR is a wonderful place for support. If needed take full advantage of the benefits that the military offers you as a wife.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

6 Days ... Sweeeeeeeeeet! Glad you've made it through the roughest week and you're feeling better.

Keep comin' round, the light's always on

- Greg
Old 06-03-2005, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats on Six days Takeitdaybyday.

nogard
Old 06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WELCOME & Congrats on your 6 days clean!!!! I know what your going through literally!!!! Pain Killers were my thing 2 and I'm on day 16 now. I called up my family doctor and he highly suggested I go to detox but was unable to get in because I have had no insurance for the last two months and I made to much money the month before to get any aid so I did it at home cold turkey 2. It gets better just hang in there!!! Keep coming on here and you will get lots of support!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Suz
That is awesome girl. I am 6 months clean off hydros. Hang in there sister.
It gets better.
Welcome to SR

Tanya
Old 06-03-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 15 from Norcos. And let me be the first to say I absolutely do not ever want to re-do the first 15 days. I think I'm finally off the physical withdrawal, now I have to go to town on the mental stuff.

Hopefully you have some good NA and AA meetings in your area. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

6 days is great. pills were my favorite but anything would do. Meetings help a lot, and coming here where there are lots of great people, and support.
keep coming back!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go and congrats to you! Hope to see you often!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone

Everyone's encouragement means so much to me. It is nice to know there is support out there from people you don't know but care enough to read your story and say hello. Today is the first Friday that I have felt good without pills. So my husband and I are about to go drive around to get out of the house. I will definately be posting on here quite a bit. It gives me great strength and motivation. Especially makes me feel good if some advice I have could help someone else who is in my shoes.

Thanks again. I will be back soon.

Suz