Notices

Dream or should i say NIGHTMARE

Old 05-05-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dream or should i say NIGHTMARE

Hiya all, hope you are well i had i NIGHTMARE last night. Heres what i dreampt:

I was in a pub, drinking, although i knew i shouldnt be. I was with my AA friends, one or two of them were drinking. I just dont know how it happened, i was drunk. My AA friends were telling me to be quiet and to calm down, they were drinking orange juice. Then it clicked. I SHOULDNT be drinking, so i switched to a can of coke. But it was to late. I KNEW that the first drink i took meant i had to start all over again. That everything i had achived was gone, and i had to start my sober life again from tommorow. I was gutted, it felt so real. I was so dissapointed in myself. Anyway, so i thought, i will just go home and start again, it was just a realaps. So i got on a bike with someone i was drinking with (?!!) and my daughter was there. She fell of the bike but was ok, she just started crawling away from me, i couldnt catch her. When i got home, there were men banging on the door, i didnt know how i was going to explain it to my bf. I KNEW then id messed up, the feeling was so real. I hated myself so much, i wanted to die

Then i woke up! and i thought, THANK GOD that was not real, i was so releived. Never again i thought, never again........ OK, so alot of the stuff in the dream i would NEVER do and NEVER have done (Taking my baby on a bike drunk, lol!) but maybe it was a sign of things to come. Maybe i know deep down that if i were to keep drinking things would get worse.

Take care luv bonnie,xxxx

I just thought i would share that because it felt so real!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Drinking dreams are very common in early recovery. As time goes on they are less severe but I understand how real and terrifying they can be. Even 2 years later I had one recently and darn it it didn't take much to throw me back to those feelings of day one. I think they are a reminder to us of where we no longer want to go.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks chy, i am actually glad i had the nightmare as it was just another reminder of where i never want to be again as you said. The releif to wake up and realise it wasnt real was overwelming. I was so happy! then thought of what i was going to do today, feeling so glad it didnt involve alchol
Old 05-05-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Jeez Bonnie I can totally relate - it's a great feeling of relief to wake up isn't it...but as Chy says TRULY terrifying - the shame and mortification and disappointment,.,..and it's so true whenever i have had them i am ok one minute and the next SECOND it seems, it dawns on me that i am uncontrollably DRUNK. The last time I had a dream like that I actually wanted to kill myself in my drean I felt so bad about what happened...it's amazing though, it's like our bodies and minds are trying to remind us how bloody bad it can be!!
love
cathy31
x
Old 05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've had them too. They serve a good purpose to help us see why we don't want to go backwards. The dreams will lessen the longer you are sober.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Oh yeah...Had a LOT of those dreams. Still have them occasionally, although usually not intense. I do know that trying to get some exercise can really help you sleep better and help keep the nightmare's at bay. I was getting regular exercise until I got sick about a week and a half ago. Last week I had a HORRIBLE drinking dream. It had me freaked for a couple of days!

Glad you are talking about it!!!!

Hugs--
Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

When i have dreams like that i thank my HP for the reminder of where i don't want to go...
Old 05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Bonnie,

focus on the things you love in life. Don't think about alcohol. Keep your self in the solution and not in the problem.

The greatest reward i 've gotten from this program is service work. Be active in your AA groups. many hands make light work

God bless

chris
Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Another One!

Well, i had another one last night. Luckily i only got to a half pint of lagar this time and stopped!!lol!

I still woke up in a sweat though, it was awful!

I cant wait till they pass