Notices

More reasons—friends MURDERED!

Old 04-30-2005, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No expectations!

More reasons—friends MURDERED!

If you don't think you have enough reasons to stay clean and give up old playmates and old playgrounds, consider this...My ex-husband called me last night and told me that a couple he was once quite close to had been murdered about a week ago. We both assume it was drug-related.

But what is so shocking about this is that last I knew of them, 10-15 years ago, they were just growing pot in a spare bedroom. Now maybe they moved on to bigger and badder things, but we're still talking about just a couple of hippie potheads, really "nice" people. I can't imagine that they had changed that much.

Just some food for thought.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

People get killed over pot too. It's a shame, but it happens. Whenever you start getting money involved greed can take over. Sorry about your friends.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

eddiez.....Did these former friends of your live up on the upper Pacific area, i.e., Northern California, Oregon or Washington? tyler hit it right on the head!!! Good ol' homegrown we knew back in the sixties has grown into the number one cash crop in these states as well as a few more in these united states. Hydroponic cannibis makes it's serious growers easily in the six figures and the larger operations might as well be Fortune 500 companies, if they were legit and could be taken public. Growers in the states I mentioned have been known to guard their business enterprise with automatic weapons, state of the art security systems as well as with snares, traps and explosives, all designed to injure, maim or kill intruders/thiefs. Peace and love has been replaced with offshore bank accounts and lives of the rich and not so famous!!!! Like you said, eddie...just another reason to avoid those ol' people, places and playthings!!!!

Peace,

Hack
Old 05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Exclamation

Originally Posted by eddie z.
If you don't think you have enough reasons to stay clean and give up old playmates and old playgrounds, consider this...My ex-husband called me last night and told me that a couple he was once quite close to had been murdered about a week ago. We both assume it was drug-related.

But what is so shocking about this is that last I knew of them, 10-15 years ago, they were just growing pot in a spare bedroom. Now maybe they moved on to bigger and badder things, but we're still talking about just a couple of hippie potheads, really "nice" people. I can't imagine that they had changed that much.

Just some food for thought.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Eddie-I am very sorry about your friends...I know my cousin , a heroin addict, now dead, had a friend that was shot in the head over some dope...he stole it and the guy found him...it is a sad thing that it has to come to that....it is what they call INSANITY......Prayers to you.....Kahlia
Old 05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Tyler and Hacker.
North Carolina, Hack, and yes, marijuana is the number one cash crop here also.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks to you, too, Kahlia, and nice to meet you. Welcome to SR! I'm sort of an oldtimer but haven't been around much lately 'cause of school. We posted at the same time so I didn't see your post when I wrote my last one.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Eddie,

It is sad when someone we know takes it to 'The bitter ends' as we know it. A few years ago, my sponsor (at that time) buried her son over a drug deal gone wrong. He was only 21. This disease does not discriminate. hippie/junkie/young/old it wants us all.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks again, Laurie! It all makes me grateful that I was never entangled in the illicit drug scene. I risked my life enough as it was.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie, used to live in Wilmington, hope to get back there someday!!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

My ex-husband is from Wilmington and is actually living back there now for the first time in about 20 years. It's very drug-infested, I guess by virtue of its being on the coast, but there's also some pretty good recovery too, I think. I suppose they go together, huh?

I myself live in the Piedmont. Boring, no? Well, it's nice to meet you after all this time we've both been around here. I have to go get dressed and face the day now. Have a good one!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Eddie,
Where you at???I'm in Burlington!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eddie z.
My ex-husband is from Wilmington and is actually living back there now for the first time in about 20 years. It's very drug-infested, I guess by virtue of its being on the coast
That is why I'm not living there anymore Great NA groups there though. Hope I have the strenght to make it there again. I truly think of it as home.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Buck,
Winston-Salem. What meetings do you go to?

Tyler,
I hope you can make it back there, too. It IS a beautiful town.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-03-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Eddie,
I go here in Burlington/Graham and a few in Greensboro!
Do you know Tracy from Mocksville,Kirk and his wife,and a big bald guy(can't think of his name)?? Pete C.?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

Eddie;

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. That is so sad. Now I understand why you worry so much about me when I relapse. Its a dead end this addiction thing. Its horrible. I have known people that have gone to jail and I have known people who have died or been shot by angry drug dealers. It sux and its a hard lesson, but that damn brain of mine keeps thinking that getting high is worth whatever consequences. Well I am taking baby steps toward living clean and sober, and realizing that my life and my family are way more important than getting high!

Luv

Jaz
Old 05-04-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by jazpoppy
Now I understand why you worry so much about me when I relapse.
That's just one more reason, honey. You may seriously want to consider moving, if that's what it takes, you know? You're always in my thoughts!
Love and hugs,
Eddie

Buck,
I'll send you a PM about those people, OK?
—EZ