Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

What the HECK is wrong with American Idol fans...spoilers...m

Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

geez. So he had a bad night. On Constentine's WORST night be was better than Scott.

WHY is Scott still around? He can barely sing and has a horrible chip on his shoulder.

Thank goodness my Bo was safe..must have been the 5 times I got through to vote for him. LOL

Poor Paula...she looked more upset than Constantine.

How exactly IS voting for Scott? Is there a glitch in the phone systems.

ACK...I am all riled up.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I actually gasped when they announced Constantine was going home. Who the hell is voting for Scott? I wonder if there is something organized behind his support. Constantine had never even been in the bottom three before. Fortunately, I think he will do just fine without winning Idol. I'm now leaning toward Vonzelle to win. I like Bo but not as much as Constanine.

Jo
Old 04-28-2005, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WHAT???? Constantine out of the show over Scott???? That does it. I am not watching this tonight on telly. Scott beating Constantine...no way!!! Scott is not a good singer. Something about his attitude I just cannot stand..anymore. Organized behind his support. If so its to bad they had to pick such a poor singer.
Vonzelle has a good chance of winning. Carrie will do okay.... in the C&W industry. Bo is my favorite of all left.
I still find it hard to believe Constantine is gone over Scott!!! Scott is such a twit.
I received a email from friend in States who sent me this;

phone lines didn't work! i tried voting for constantine several times and i couldn't get through- no busy signal just no connection!!! itried voting for Bo to see if it was my phone and i got through!!! constantine's phone line wasn't working right!!! we need soem justice!!

I had the same thing happen in Nashville.

I thought I was the only one...
I TRIED CALLING IN FOR CONSTANTINE ALSO, AND I COULDN'T GET THROUGH EITHER, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...THIS IS A HUGE INJUSTICE TO CONSTANTINE AND HIS FANS!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY KEPT SCOTT OVER HIM, COMPARATIVELY CONSTANTINE IS A MUCH BETTER SINGER THAN SCOTT...THIS IS BS AND I AM THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH AMERICAN IDOL AT THIS POINT...I AM READY TO BOYCOTT THE SHOW ALL TOGETHER!!!

I couldn't get through for him either, i figured it was my phone, I tried for three hours.. APPARENTLY THERE WAS A PROBLEM AND AMERICAN IDOL NEEDS TO REVIEW THIS, THEY LOST NOT ONLY THEIR BEST PERFORMER TONIGHT BUT ALOT OF FANS AS WELL.....................I BELIEVE THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE LINES....BYE BYE IDOL, NO LONGER ON MY T.V. SORRY PAULA, BO, CARRIE AND ANTHONY!
Emails about people trying to phone to vote for Constantine and could not get through.
They need to review this issue and find a way to correct the problem. Bring back Constantine and redo the show.
It won't be on my telly any more. Had enough.

Last edited by bluester; 04-28-2005 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I"m so mad I could hardly speak last night!!! And to make matters worse did you seen the S*** eating grin on Scotts mug?!?

I've seen on some other boards that there are several "movements" out there urging people to "vote for the worst"... If Scott ends up winning this because of some idiots out there I have serious doubts that I'll ever watch again...They need to institute a pay per vote system (then donate the proceeds) that'll stop these "power" voters in their tracks....
So sad... I'll definately be looking for Constantine's CD!!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

sorry folks but thus far no one, but no one has had the incredible voice our very FIRST American Idol had and continues to have ......... Kelly Clarkson. I know I will probably get some flack for this, but so be it.

My youngest daughter was and continues to be obsessed with her and I took her to a concern last night ...... SHE WAS AWESOME!

Although I love Bo ....... his uniqueness (not to mention he looks HOT in his LONG HAIR AND has a killer smile) ...... but, to me, he sounds the same in every song. No doubt he is talented and has a great following. Just not sure a *rocker* is going to win Americas vote ....... My daughter is voiting for Kerry, or Carey (I dont really know what her name is) ....... Now that Anwar left (he was my favorte ........ TRULY TALENTED ........ and another killler smile, but I put my money on Vonzel! Unfortuneatly if we leave this to the public who sometimes votes because they know the contentastant and they get their family/friends to vote.

COME ON AMERICA ....... this is supposed to be a *TALENT* show ........ not a popularity content.

I agree that Schott needs to get some people skills and his love for HIMSELF. HOWEVER, he does have a good voice.

I know Anthony is a weeeee bit geekish; he too can truly sing. A little make-over and he will do great ....... remember when Clay first starting ........jeeeeeeeeeeez! What I love about him is his GENUINE smile! He is happy with himself and gets out there and has fun w/the audience. He was born to be an entertainer. I cant recall him having a bad nite ......... contrary to what ***SIMON*** says! Simon says, go away Simon. I believe in constructive criticism, hes just down right NASTY, CRUDE, MEAN, and likes to listen to himself.

If anyone is into American Idol and has not yet to see a Kelly Clarkson concert! She is AWESOME (dont tell anyone I said that). NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TALENT AND A PHENOMENAL VOICE.

Something tells me I am going to get bombarded with e-mails ........... OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just my thoughts folks. You dont have to agree ....... just my take on American Idol. Did anyone out there know that Paula has been very ill (in and out of surgery) for many years ........ she was down to 80lbs at one time. How I would like that ........ but love foool ....... and it is a heavy price to lose weight.

OH, one more note ........ If Randy says Yo, DOG one more time I am gonna PUKE!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Wow! I saw this thread and didn't look last night before I had a chance to watch. I was so surpised! I did think his performance was pretty bad but certainly didn't warrant him being sent home as Scott was worse, is worse and even Carrie didn't impress me. What a bummer!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drgnfly30
I"m so mad I could hardly speak last night!!! And to make matters worse did you seen the S*** eating grin on Scotts mug?!?
I saw it! I was shocked! I think that was the only time he has ever smiled on the show! Obviously he had some sort of jealousy and is glad Cinstintien is gone! So sad.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay guys I back to get some support. I hope no one is offended that I am asking this but I am sick that Con is gone and Scott is still there, FIXED!!!!

Anyway if you want fox to do a recount or at least know how upset you are (if you even are) there is a petition heres the link http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?123aifix

Last night when I found it there were about 400 sigs now there are almost 11,000.
Constantines band Pray for the soul of Betty went from #400 somethng on Amazon to #12 overnight. I think America has spoken buying CD's is better than votes.
Mindi
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm checking out that petition... I'm also spreading the word.. .some of my work colleagues didn't even like Constantine but are up in arms that Scott would have made the top 3!!!

Check out this awful site... the conspiracy deepens!

www.votefortheworst.com
Old 04-28-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just happened to drop in here, and I too watch the show. I was so Pee'd off last night, that I almost threatened to NOT watch anymore!!!! Constantine was gooooood, AND I love BO....and well that Scott is a nothing to me!! Grrrrrrr
I just cannot even believe this happened. OH and ya know what...ONE time before when Simon mentioned that someone would be going home in his comment, it was like people voted to prove SIMON wrong..and THAT is wrong.

I think this happened with the little gal from Hawaii, last year. What a bunch of crap!!
YUP I am MAD TOO!!
Hope
Old 04-29-2005, 12:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"American Idol" finalist Bo Bice was arrested twice in the past four years on drug charges, a Web site reported Thursday — but Fox TV is standing by the long-haired rocker.

http://story.news.*****.com/s/ap/200...NlYwNsbjc2Mg--

I am not watching American Idol any more. Had enough.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I was pretty shocked myself,but I dont think Constantine would have been the idol anyway. Sooner or later he would have been voted off. Scott will be next...lol.My money is on Bo,but who knows?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh,ok,i understand now why Scott,didn't go last night.Thought maybe my hearing was off..lol...
I think it will end up between Carrie and Vonzel...
But if others are purposly going to vote for the worse singer,then Scotts,Da Man.What a shame others are spoiling it.Can the show do anything about this,?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

[QUOTE=bluester]"American Idol" finalist Bo Bice was arrested twice in the past four years on drug charges, a Web site reported Thursday — but Fox TV is standing by the long-haired rocker.

http://story.news.*****.com/s/ap/200...NlYwNsbjc2Mg--

QUOTE]

HEY NOW ..... then that makes him ONE OF US!

I liked Bo at first ...... he does look adorable in long hair ..... not many men can carry that off. I KNOW, I KNOW ..... it is about talent. I thought he had talent, but sadly I think ALL his songs SOUND THE SAME!!!!!

I was voting for Amwar! I was very saddened to see him go! Talk about singing talent.

As for Scott, I dont think he has a bad voice ..... but he is cocky as h** and thats enough to turn me off.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Vonzel (sp?) win! She has a beautiful voice, great personality, and she works the crowd. She also has rhythm, which so many up there are missing. I am not saying you have to be a superb dancer but you should be able to atleast sway somewhat instead of just standing there.

I took my daughter to a Kelly Clarkson (first AI) concert two days ago ..... and trust me, no one thus far in the last two seasons comes close to her powerful voice! Shes going again tomorrow and Saturday. I NOT! Once was nuff for me! She is truly obsessed with her. I also like her because she has managed to stay humble and be herself ..... did not allow fame to go to her head ...... at least not yet!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Several past contestants were booted for failing to disclose arrests, but those who have been forthcoming haven't been penalized.

Scott Savol, who with Bice is among the top five finalists, told the series' producers and Fox he had been arrested on a domestic violence charge and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count.

Thesmokinggun.com, citing court documents, said Bice, 29, of Helena, Ala., was arrested in 2001 on a felony cocaine possession charge.

That charge, as well as a marijuana possession charge stemming from a 2003 arrest, were both dismissed after Bice completed a program for first-time offenders, the Web site reported.
Sounds honest to me.....GO BO!!

Hey, I heard Constantine's band was signed? Does anyone know if that's true?