Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism-12 Step Support
Reload this Page >

Remembering My first meetings, wow was i sick, whats your experiences?

Notices

Old 04-21-2005, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whataday

I can remember there was a guy i just hated, i thought he was the biggest jerk, he just kept smilling, today i realize i was jelous, he had something i wanted and i didn`t have it. I couldn`t con it, manipalate it, or steal it, and that made me made because thats all i knew. What he had was recovery! I held on to that resentment for years not realizing that i was only hurting myself, because he never stoped smilling, in fact he`s doing quit well today with multiple years sober, if i`d only known then what i know now, me being resentfull didn`t bother him a bit. It only hindered my growth.

chris
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People have told me years later that I talked so fast that no one ever knew what I was saying. It's probably just as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Originally Posted by Stephanie
People have told me years later that I talked so fast that no one ever knew what I was saying. It's probably just as well.
Funny, Stephanie!

I cried all the way through both of my first AA meetings (one in '93 and one a little over a year ago.) I have no idea what anyone said. I also remember talking a LOT in my first 6-8 months of meetings. I somehow felt I needed to talk at every one. Now I know I sometimes just need to listen.

I am so grateful that the hand of AA was there for me when I needed it!