Notices

a moment in time.,.....10 months today!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

a moment in time.,.....10 months today!!!

hi all!

I am 10 months clean and sober today by the grace of God!!! And proud to share it with you all.
I can;t explain the amount of gratitude i feel in my heart for another chance.
For God putting recovery in my path. I can choose to live in regret, shame and the past or i can choose the freedom to live in today, in the moment. I choose freedom.

If you'd add my mom to your prayers today i'd be most grateful.talkin' to m,y sis yesterday...guess she's worse than i thought.........lost lots of weight and is looking really sick these days....in a week or so they will be testing her for cancer...we're all quite scared.
My daughter called me at work last night........her report card was mailed to his house even though she changed her address at school. He called her to tell her she'll never graduate nad that he wants nothing to do with her. She 's crushed...cried off and on all night. I told her that if he didn't want anything to do with her then i don't think he would have called. He jsut has a sick way of showing and saying that he's missing her...........i could be wrong........ I want to call him and give him a piece of my mind but not the satisfaction.same s***t different day. Word is he's planning to take me to court to keep me from seeing my youngest...since i moved across the street from her school he's gotten pretty ansy...says he;'s going to call her school and tell them she's not allowed to come to my house for lunch. sigh..........why can't he jsut move on instead of making eveyones life hell?
He does not want me to recover, sucks to be him!!!!! I refuse to let him sabotage my recovery Praying lots these days for answers.is it time to get the ball rolling? Take the initiative to get my youngest with me and away from him.?.....do i have enough sobriety under my belt? I fell like i've been ***** footing around him, trying not to set him off and do something drastic....like court. Thing is it's just not necessary, we could live happy.in today.....but no.he's gotta be the a*****e he always has been.
I tried to tell my oldest to not let his words get to her...easier said than done.....words sting, hurt, scar.......whether one thinks they are meant or not.
I';m really trying to place all in God's hands...........
Anyways.life goes on...and i'm living it in recovery!!!!!
10 months........sometimes fells like a dream........either i'm dreaming that i'm in recovery..or my past is a dream........don't pinch me.i like the dream i'm livin right here...right now.it's all i have!!!!
God Bless you all and have a great sober April 9,2005. We only live it once!!!
\\//peace
Old 04-09-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right on! Congradulations on 10 months.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Wantneeda, on 10 Months!!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Wantneeda,

Great job on 10 months! That is a lot of time and I know how hard you have worked for this. Your ex sounds like he is really vindictive. Can't believe someone saying that to their child. You have changed so much for the better and he probably can't deal with that since sounds like he has not changed at all. He's really angry about that. Don't want to suggest that you should try to get custody of your daughter, but if you do try, I'll definitely support your decision. You are a great person and a great mom and your daughters are lucky to have you. I know how hard it is, but you are choosing the right path in sobriety and are doing great. Good things will come to pass as long as we don't drink or use. You are definitely on your way one day at a time.

Jup.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Alright wantneeda! What a wonderful accomplishment!
I always enjoy your posts & your honesty!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

Way To Go Keep Up The Great Work!!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Wantneeda))) Congrats on 10 months! You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

thanks !!!!! Just got home from work...rainin' instead of snowin these days.........God's tears.........Had a pretty good day today........treated myself to a new skirt for the summer..........figure i deserve it.....to think of all the money i wasted on coke , pot, alcohol.........i would have spent that money in a heartbeat and been lookin for more...........not today!!!!!
Hey Jup, you're right he is angry that i'm doing ok.........and i don't think he quite knows how to handle it..However.........I took my daughter shopping with me today and spoiled her a little bit too........No matter what crosses my path i am getting stronger every day.......that devil on my shoulder is still there but he didn't get any power over me today........lol as i stick my tongue out at him!!!!!! That's right YOU..ya , i'm talking to YOU!!!!! Boy that feels good.....tellin that nasty jerk,what's his name???!!! Addiction? on my shoulder to p*** right off, lol go lay down by your dish!!!! My spirit is growing, he is shrinkin!!! One day at a time as long as i don't give him the satisfaction of pickin up that first one!!!!!
Thanks for your prayers , heartfelt thank you!!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sorry

I forgot to say grats Sat.

(((((((((BIG )))))))))
(((((((((HUG)))))))))

KEEP COMING BACK YOU'RE WORTH IT

CHRIS
Old 04-09-2005, 11:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Thanks Chris.........big hug right back at ya!!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hey Hey Hey

Hey, Wantneeda, that's so great!!!

AWESOME! I'm sorry about the difficulties in your life at present - but you just stay grateful, and stay doing what you're doing and you will come through it in the end. I will pray for your mom.

Good for you on yor 10 months!! That is just so so great!!!
love
cathy31
x
Old 04-10-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

wow wantneeda!!

you absolutely rock- and you are doing the right things to take care of yourself. miracle miracle miracle

hugs
mackat
Old 04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Wantneeda, Congrat's on the10 months Keep doing what your doing. Be Cool. BikerBill8
Old 04-11-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Clean & Serene Punk Rock Mommy

Congratulations!!
My father used to do and say the same kinds of things to me growing up that your daughter is hearing. I know how painful it must be for her. I'm 35 and he still does it.
As far as your ex: From my experience, miserable people, especially if they are using can't stand to see those close to them be happy. You doing good forces him, however briefly, to see how bad he is screwing up. And, if you used together, I'm sure there is a certain amount of envy, even if he has no intention of getting clean. All you can do is continue doing good and as long as your doing the right thing, he can't touch you.
10 months is big, such an accomplishment! Good luck!
Shawna
Old 04-11-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Alright WANTNEEDA.Way to go keep up what your doing it been working so CONGRATS and i wish you another 24hrs.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

NICE!!
Way to go wantneeda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations! Prayers goin out...Bless<trish
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

So proud of you girl, you are a miracle in action...
Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Chy

Wow, wow, wow, you've come along way baby! Congrats!