Notices

made it through last night...yay!

Old 03-26-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made it through last night...yay!

Day 7.....ahh...I made it through last night. Friday nights are the worst for me. I had a family member trying to rope me into his schemes last night but I pulled through. I learned that it is okay to say "no" to others' requests to do something that I don't want to do.

If I listened to him and went with his plan, I would have to suffer right along with him. But, I made the better choice for myself. I hate to think that I can "never" have my DOC again, but just for today, I can live without it.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Wonderful (((Hope))) Just keep doing the right thing!! That's how we get better!! Congrats on your 7 days!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 03-26-2005, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Wow Hope, that's amazing! WELL DONE! Good for you! Exceltly as you say! Don't worry about never never again - just for today! And it is TOTALLY possible to not have your doc today - why put off today what you can do tomorrow instead!! Happy 24!
Well done!
cathy31
x
Old 03-26-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea Sayin no can be a Problem for me as well .. that's why when I had 3yrs sober I shut everyone out an Am now in the boot I am in though So try an Keep it in perspective ..
Old 03-26-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Way to go Hope!!! I relate, Fridays are a tough one for me, but it got to the point that it didn't matter what day it was, everyday was a good day to use....congrats on day 7 Hope, You are doing so good my freind. May today bring you heart smiles.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hopealwayz~~~~! "Atta' Girl" !!
Luvs n' hugs..Lunachic
Old 03-26-2005, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopealwayz
I hate to think that I can "never" have my DOC again, but just for today, I can live without it.
Just for Today.Keep doing this one day at a time.Just for today,I will not get high no matter what.And before you know it,you have a bunch of just for todays accumilated. Congrats on 7 days Hope
Old 03-26-2005, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Way to go hope I am proud of you. Keep collecting those sober days.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

(((Hope)))

Good for you. Just for today - that's all I need to know.

Richard
Old 03-26-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi Hope!
Congratulations, that is fantastic!! Weekends are tough for me too, it really helps me to plan out some sober things to do in advance. After a while, I'm hoping that the habit is to be sober and I'll think less about drinking.

Good for you, you made it a week!!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's great hope. I'd have to say that weekends are tough for me too. I had a family gathering tonight at my sister's and there was drinking. My father was drunk as usual at these "events". I did not drink tonight and am glad there are others here to help us fight the weekend assault. Congrats on keepping away from demon DOC for another night!

Jup.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats Hope! and all the Best for your continued recovery...one day at a time.

I am nearing 30 days, and have recently fallen into the "mourning phase", just so sad and angry having to face the fact that I will never be able to have that glass of red wine with a beautiful steak, sake with sushi, etc...not to mention that 1/5 of rum...

A therapist said something unexpected to me the other day that eased this a little. He used the old adage, "never say never"...this is not a pass to go out and drink, but simply that in our day in age, who knows what science has around the corner for this affliciton/addiction/disease??? A genetic splice? Something that nullifies the alcohoholic content and effect? We really don't know what relief may come our way.

I have to stick to one day at a time...but, it did do a mental little trick on me and alleviated some of the "poor me".

Keep at it!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope,

Great to hear! Fridays are a bear for me, too!

Keep on going. You have a great name -- hopealwayz. Just seeing your name often gives me hope.

I have about twenty days now so I feel like I am slowly gathering up my sobriety again, one day at a time, just like you.