Wow!! What A Suprise

Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoe

Wow!! What A Suprise

My H was home for 2 days. It started out kind of shaky and then ended on a good note. He said he was comeing home to do things with the family but as soon as he got here he started talking about going to the dump, had to pick up some things at the store and then Sunday he was planning to work on my daughters car all day. I was thinking "Why did you come home?" Anyway we had breakfast, sat in the livingroom and watched tv together, then a little later we did go to the dump, and to town. He asked if there was anything else I would like to do so we went and had lunch together. We picked up some movies and had movie night. Sunday we we checked the apartment that we had rented to a woman and her son. He made a couple of repairs and then we went to town again. We also stopped and had lunch then back home. He did share with me his first appointment with the therapist. He agrees with what she had to say to him and so do I. He told me he would like to go by himself for awhile and then he would like me to go with him. I was so suprised that he wanted me to go every where with him and wanted to make sure that I got my needs met also (do you need this, do you need that). He had left the apartment up to me in the begining and now he is being active in the decisions. He accepted my boundaries of staying his distance so when it came to intamacy he waited for me to initiate. When he went to leave he wanted a hug so he held out his hand and just looked at me. I took his hand and gave him the hug. I guess I also suprised myself with that one. He called about 2 hours later just to tell me how the trip was going and what he had seen on the way. I called him about an hour after he was to be back where he is staying to ask something I had forgotten and then he called back an hour later just to call. I am very cautiously optomistic that we are both on our way to recovery. 2 steps forward and watch out for the 1 step back.
Zoe
Old 03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sounds like at least it was a very good two steps forward...
good news is always GREAT to read!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

zoe - savor these wonderful moments!! you deserve it!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good weekend. Those are the moments to "frame".
Old 03-14-2005, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you. What he said about your needs, what do you need, and wanting you there with him---I think that is fabulous. A great start. Good luck!