Notices

I went to my first meeting!

Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went to my first meeting!

HI everyone!

Well, I did it! I went to my first meeting this morning.

There were like 18 people there...many more than I expected for a Weds morning. But then again, I guess I didn't really know what to expect.

Everyone was very nice, just like you all have said. I didn't want the meeting to be over...I didn't want to leave. I felt like I could've sat there for hours and listened! I wish I could go to another meeting soon, but they don't have many day meetings and I work the next 3 nights

Anyway, I'm refreshed and feeling really great. It's day 26 for me today too...wohoo!
Renee
Old 03-09-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rene,
Might I suggest you get some phone numbers next time you go to a meeting of those willing to give them. Sometimes at meetings there are people willing to give a new cimer their number so they have someone to call during moments of weakness and they are able to talk you through such times. The way we stay sober is by helping one another. Glad you enjoyed your first meeting and hang on to that feeling until you are able to get to your next meeting. It is nice to know that there is a place to go for the help that we need. Congradulations on 26 days. Each day is special when it is spent keeping oneself sober and responsible.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Renee

Great news. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm off to my home group tonight. Looking forward to it. Meetings help me in a way I never thought possible.

much love
JC
Old 03-09-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Top of the line stuff Renee!
I'm so glad you had a good experience from the get go.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I was lucky,

most of the people in the meeting I went to the first time were people I went to school with, worked with or had drank with.

We go into AA with this feeling we're going to be in a room with skid row bums. Not true, some of the most intelligent people I've ever known have been inside the rooms of AA.

Hope, you get a good sponser. Find someone that loves AA. If, you get involved with the program, you wont have time to drink.

One importatn thing AA will teach you is, service work. I can't stress it enough. There's nothing better for the soul then doing things for others

Keep coming back it gets a lot better
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

hey renee that sounds great. i looked up for you a list where you can find meetings in citys around you and there should be some more day meetings there. anyways i hope this helps ya out! and i'm sooo glad you enjoyed going! keep it up your doing great!! love ya girly

Heidi

http://www.aaminneapolis.org/pages/m...ationIndex.asp
Old 03-09-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool Renee! I am glad that you found a good meeting - they can be very helpful! Congrats on 26 days! Keep it up
Old 03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Congrats on 26 days Renee. That's awesome, don't you feel great?

I'm so glad you enjoyed the meeting. I KWYM about not wanting to leave I feel like that a lot.

I can't wait to congratulate you on your 30 day post.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((Renee)))))))
Congrats on making the meeting and getting 26 days under your belt.

Keep it UP!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you made a meeting! And congratulations for 26 days! One of the best things I've noticed about AA meetings is, when you come in and people genuinely care when they say, "Hey, how are you doing today?" It's so nice to be surrounded by people who care so much. It's a great program. Welcome to the family!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's great Renee,

Meetings are such a sanctuary for me. No matter what is going on in the world, I am safe there. So glad you had a good first one.